black pipe
possibly but our homes survive earthquakes more often than not so it aint all bad.  A lot of our code was copied in Florida and Hawaii after hurricanes took them apart
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Why would you not flex your furnace? Besides, it makes hookup easy. I find unions more finicky and leaky too.

In Cali, water heaters also have to use flex for the water connections.
Rocket Science is more fun when you actually have rockets. 

"The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government." -- Patrick Henry
I have found much of the solid pipe code was put in place in strong union towns as a work guarantee.  Most places around allow ABS but there are a few places that require cast for residential simply because they can
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

In my area they are starting to have problems with CSST and lightning hitting the house.    The arc between the CSST and another metal part punches a hole and fires start.    I think the flex going through the furnace wall would be a prime location.     I could see hard piping it outside the furnace then attaching the flex.    The issue made the news stations around here to be on the look out for CSST in homes.   Roly
LIL,

Built a house in the St Louis area in 98 and had to request black pipe for gas lines.  Everyone else in that area had solid copper.  In Iowa and here in Kansas I had a couple things replaced/added.  They used flexible for routing but had black pipe at the appliance for the drop.
Buck

Business Meetings - None of us is as dumb as all of us.