WTB- Long Ranger 220v remote
Hi all, I'm in the market for a 220v Long Ranger remote system. I figured I'd try here to see if anyone had one collecting cob webs that they'd sell at a discount before buying new. Amazon has them for $70 with free shipping. After all my recent purchases, saving a few bucks would be nice.

Thanks!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Greg, you'll have a far more robust unit and save some money (now and later) if you build your own using a contactor ($10 +/-) some miscellaneous electric stuff (wire, enclosures, fittings, $25) and a cheap lamp remote ($10-$15). Blacky's bot did quite a write up on building a 240V version. The advantage to these is the contactor is industrial grade, the only thing to fail would be the lamp remote and you keep a spare on hand. Not knocking the Long Ranger, mine did really well for 9 years...but after I dropped the remote onto the concrete once too often I had to replace it. Just a suggestion. Linky to Dom's writeup.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks Fred, I may do that. After all this recent shop upgrade work, I was really hoping to get straight to finishing some remodeling and finish work, thus my request here for the Long Ranger. I'm not in a hurry for the remote, it'll just be a convenience, nit a necessity.

I remember seeing Dom's plan here before, and we also host a thread for it over on WWZ. I had forgotten it until your reminder, though. I appreciate it. If I don't find a Long Ranger for a good price, then I'll probably build. I already have a lot of the components.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(09-16-2016, 06:17 AM)fredhargis Wrote: Greg, you'll have a far more robust unit and save some money (now and later) if you build your own using a contactor ($10 +/-) some miscellaneous electric stuff (wire, enclosures, fittings, $25) and a cheap lamp remote ($10-$15). Blacky's bot did quite a write up on building a 240V version. The advantage to these is the contactor is industrial grade, the only thing to fail would be the lamp remote and you keep a spare on hand. Not knocking the Long Ranger, mine did really well for 9 years...but after I dropped the remote onto the concrete once too often I had to replace it. Just a suggestion. Linky to Dom's writeup.

+1 - I built one of the Dom versions and have had zero problems
Rick

I have one I don't use anymore, I'll look around to find it. $40 plus shipping
Jim

THANK OUR MILITARY THAT WE ARE FREE

If I accepted, that'd mean I didn't have any integrity..
AND then I'd meet your expectations as a politician..
Fred Kingston...052708
PM sent. Thanks.

www.RUSTHUNTER.com