Life has had me busy....but I am turning!
Lately, I've been really busy, mostly milling timber....but family stuff also.
I have been turning a few pieces though, and while they are not selling....they are leaving the house to never come back.  Huh? Well, I have very limited numbers of flat surfaces inside the house, and there is the "one-that-must-be-obeyed" making rules.  So I tell her if the piece hasn't sold in awhile(she defines that as a few days-OMG), she can give it away to someone that has done something nice for someone else.  I know, it's lame....but it keeps her from handing them to the dude with a cardboard sign on the corner that'll use it for a toilet.

Here's a 15-1/2" diameter by 12" tall piece I turned.  The wall thickness is 1/2"(thought anything less would make it look 'weird')....American Scyamore

[Image: 29297485940_4510536229_b.jpg]

This one is a 'winged piece' I turned from start to finish in about 1.5hrs. Timber is Red Maple.... 
Wanted to turn it as quickly as I could because I didn't know if the 'wings' would start moving as I was taking material out. 
Think the dimensions were 14" across by 6" deep, finished with multiple coats of shellac over BLO

[Image: 29187242422_6599f6990b_b.jpg]

Here's one more to bore you with.....River Birch not very large, about 9" across by 3-ish inches deep

[Image: DSC02089.tif_zpsdlcp6y6m.jpg]

Sure would love some 'pointers' to be able to sell these....just to recoup the cost of 'stuff'(sandpaper, finishing supplies-the wood is my 'for sale stock')?

Thanks for looking! 

Scott (turning stuff today) B
I do have unlisted larger stock not listed on the website. We are always making new blanks, you should stop and take a look!
slabsblanksandboards
Very
Cool .
Does anyone else see a screaming monkey face on the left in the middle photo?
Nice work
Yes  cool grain
Cool .
Life is what you make of it, change your thinking, change your life!
Don's woodshop
OK first I love the woods and will have to look at getting some since I have not turned them before.

On the advise of selling I have two things

1.  On bowls bigger is not most of the time better.  Most salad bowls are 12" or so.
2. What is the asking price of the bowls maybe to high.
2. Where are you trying to sell them.
2. Is there a local country store that sells hand made items you can sell them to.
2. Have you made other things to sell

I said I only had two things so I used 2 a few times.
Laugh
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
My understanding is that a lot (if not most) of the AAW woodturning clubs do public demo to raise awareness and to attract new members. Our local club definitely does.

When our local club does a public demo there is usual a sale table where members that are helping with the demo (as turners, greeters, cashiers, etc) can offer items for sale. Some clubs also do annual or semi-annual gallery exhibits. Both the demos and the exhibits are good opportunity for sales.

If you are not already a member, I would suggest that you go to a meeting of the Diamond State Woodturners in Jacksonville AR. Based on your website info, they should be meeting very close to you. They meet on the 3rd Thursday at 6:30pm at the 1st United Methodist Church on Main St.

It also looks like the members would be likely customers for you business.

I am not a facebook member so I cannot access that clubs website.
Rolleyes 
www.facebook.com/pages/Diamond-State-Woodturners

Oh, and, yes, I can see the screaming monkey.  
Winkgrin  Any chance that you kept a pic of the inside of that natural edge bowl?
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.