Twist cable - router adjustment
Question 
I have a router raizor in my router table.  I can adjust from the top of the table but sometimes the fence covers the adjustment hole.  I know I can turn the router but rather not drill any more holes.  So I want to add an adjuster knob to the out side of the table.  SO - where can I buy a cable to do that?  I tried looking but hot no success.  I probably  am not using the right search terms. 

Any clues - thanks
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.
Spin your lift plate 180 degrees.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Something like a Foredom flexible drive shaft might work.
The adjuster is almost parallel to the fence so that won't work.  I know I can remount the base but then I have to redrill the hole for the adjuster.  With the cable it will give me the opportunity to do something different and not worry about the adjuster hole. 

The foredom cable is similar to what I want.  I know I can get flexible cable like a flexible drill adapter.  I was just hoping there was someone out there that made different lengths and such.

Ok - found gobs of them once I figured out what to call it.  Flexible shaft.  Now just to do some measuring.
John

We need to clean house.
I found a 1/4" hex drive flexible shaft at Harbor Freight. Perhaps you could adapt something like that.
We do segmented turning, not because it is easy, but because it is hard.
I saw that.  I just have to get a way to connect it to the raizor.  I can make something so not a big issue.  I have a PC 890 and it came with a nice adjuster I use above the table.  It takes an allen wrench on the part opposite the handle.  I can use that and make something to fit that and the flex shaft from HF. 

Thanks
John

We need to clean house.
I think the tricky part is going to be making the 90* turn in a pretty short distance. Penn State makes/made a lift setup where the crank was horizontal underneath the table. It used a small gearbox to make the turn. This is what they're selling today.

http://www.mlcswoodworking.com/shopsite_...-lift.html

No I'm not planning on dropping $300 on a router raising gadget either.[Image: u-turn-lift.html]
(09-18-2016, 07:09 PM)John Mihich Wrote: I saw that.  I just have to get a way to connect it to the raizor.  I can make something so not a big issue.  I have a PC 890 and it came with a nice adjuster I use above the table.  It takes an allen wrench on the part opposite the handle.  I can use that and make something to fit that and the flex shaft from HF. 

Thanks

John, it just so happens that the hex on the PC 890 base is 5/32", the same as on a 1/4-20 Allen head cap screw. So adapting your flex shaft to the base is no more difficult than attaching a 1/4-20 bolt to the end. I recently did a video showing how to make your own 890 adjusting handle. Mine is rigid, but the concept is similar: Second video down the page.
Ralph Bagnall
www.woodcademy.com
Watch Woodcademy TV free on our website.