craft show
We (my wife and I) had the first day of our first fall craft show today. We made  $480. That is about what usually make in all three days. It was earlier this year because the fair grounds people gave our days in October to an RV show. We will still have one in October but at a different place. We are going to be pretty hard pressed to get ready for the next one even if we do not sell much the next 2 days. I love my wood working and all ways need what ever money we make.
Nice! I tried the craft show thing- only had one good show out of a dozen. It really depends on what you have to sell- and if the woodworking gods are smiling on you

We enjoy doing a show or two and usually get a few new jobs by showing my scrapbook of past projects. It seems it's always a gues as to what people will want to buy this time.
We had another good day yesterday. Not quite as good as Friday almost $300 a total of $780 for both days. We have from 12 to 4 today. I enjoy the shows. We are going to be busy getting ready for the next one in October.
Good job! I, too, sell stuff at a local craft show every now and again, and I can tell you that one of my big challenges is keeping my inventory stocked. It's good to stay busy, though, and I do enjoy the constant motivation to work with wood.
Steve S.
------------------------------------------------------
Tradition cannot be inherited, and if you want it you must obtain it by great labour.
- T. S. Eliot

Tutorials and Build-Alongs at The Literary Workshop
We had 4 hours Sunday. We only made $35. We rarely make much on Sunday. We made a total  of $800 for all three days. I know what you mean about keeping up inventory. My toys are pretty time consuming. We are going to be hard pressed to get ready for the next show in October.What items do you Make?
I'm currently building stuff, for LOML, to stock an online store that she hasn't opened yet.  Since she doesn't know what is going to sell (if any of it sells) it's build a few of everything and wait and see what happens.  Kind of a shot in the dark not knowing what to build or how many of each to build.  I've been at it for a couple weeks but still don't have too much stuff done.
Mike

If you're the smartest person in the room, you're in the wrong room!

But not today...
I know what you are talking about. One sale we will sell all of one item we have so we will make several for the next sale and it sits on the table and we bring it all back home. You never know what will sell and what will not. I always try to come with some new items each sale if I can. We always have a few good things that sell at every sale. I tried some new items this time and sold every one. That does not discourage me it is still a lot of enjoyment. I love woodworking.
Are these shows lucrative for you guys? I do one trade show a year and I figure by the time I factor in my booth fee, travel expenses, time at the show along with prep time and break down time I need to make 4k just to break even.
I do about 5 shows a year. I use almost all reclaimed lumber so I do not have a lot in lumber. I make toys so I do not have a lot in other material. I do It mostly for the love of doing wooding working. I do only local shows so I do not have to travel a lot. I do make some money. I am retired and do it to have something to keep me busy and out of trouble.  Like most anything you have to go into it pretty big if you are doing it for a living. As for your time  you cannot sell it for enough to count time. I may make about 10 cents an hour.