Glad to be Alive
I barely had logged onto my computer after arriving at work on Thursday, and had chest pains.  At first, it felt like really bad heartburn.  Then I felt a bit dizzy and my right arm started to hurt.  OK, this is not normal, I thought.  I took a powdered aspirin I had at my desk and immediately made my way to the ER at the nearest hospital (only about 3 miles away).  Yep.  Heart attack.  100% blockage of my left circumflex artery.  Fortunately, getting there quickly enough, and a VERY good staff, and barely 45 min after I arrived, I had a stent installed to restore the blood flow.  No other blockages.  No residual heart damage.  They did the entire procedure though the femoral artery, gaining access via my groin.  I am home now after spending 2 nights in ICU.  Blood pressure normal (it was 214/110 at the ER!).  A hair exhausted, but VERY blessed to be alive!  I lost my brother to a heart attack at age 53.  I am still a relatively young 60.

So, no knee replacement for another year.  Lots more pills to take.  Lots less kinds of food on my menu.  Lot more appreciation for friends and family.

Public Service Announcement:  If you believe you are at risk for a heart attack, keep some aspirin handy at home or work.  I had a powdered packet of Bayer aspirin at work.  I can't say for sure it saved my life, but the docs said that was the right thing to do.
Still Learning,

Allan Hill
Glad you're gonna be OK.

Cardiac rehab can be fun.  Stick with it and change your lifestyle to include the exercise regularly.  It's a PITA, but beats the alternative.

All the best.

Blaine
Allan - so glad to hear you are doing good.  I had a friend that had a similar thing happen.  He was driving to work and had a heart attack, pulled off the interstate at the next exit and there was a hospital.  He survived as well, in spite of collapsing at the emergency entrance.  Hang in there and get better!
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools
Allan, we are glad you are still with us.  Rest up and get well.
...Naval Aviators, that had balz made of brass and the size of bowling balls, getting shot off the deck at night, in heavy seas, hoping that when they leave the deck that the ship is pointed towards the sky and not the water.

AD1 T. O. Cronkhite
Wow that could have easily gone the other way and I'm glad it didn't!
Glad your ok and get another chance. !

I just turned 62 and though I have no medical problems I know of and don't take any meds, drink or smoke and I started my diet a few years ago of mostly salads with lots of veggies and less meat. My diet is based somewhat on the "Dr Wallach" guy. I feel better than I have in years! I did have arthritic pain in a hip and hand joint, but it is gone now.

(A doctor once told me that if he drank sodas and smoked and could quit only one to improve his life and live longer, he would quit the cola drinks).!

Strange that my dad lived to be almost 90 and he smoked 2 packs of Menthol Kools a day, ate fried bacon and eggs every morning, enjoyed veggies and meat with lots of burnt fat on it and always had a piece of pie or cake for desert.  Yet he was skinny and always active.
Been there. Done that! Well, almost. I just needed a new valve. Old enough to be open heart surgery--I am so jealous.....They kept looking for my donor scar when checking up, because stents usually happen at same time. 

Good thinking and glad it worked out well for you. Hope you are aware, stents can clog up. Also, not advisable to drive yourself to ER or hospital.
Glad to hear that things went well (all things considered).

I hope that things continue to improve.
"the most important safety feature on any tool is the one between your ears." - Ken Vick

A wish for you all:  May you keep buying green bananas.
Jeez Allan, glad you're on the mend.
Glad to see all will be well, Allan.
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com