lookin for a bearing for a prize wheel
my neice is doing...well...something I have no idea what, but wants me to build a prize wheel. looks like an interesting project. ive done some surfin for a bearing to use, but cant seem to use the right search term to find a bearing to use like the one here.
so, any of ya's have an idea of what to use and where to find it.
im thinkin of maybe just using a lazy susan bearing, but before I pull the trigger( or spin the wheel) on that, would like to see iffen someone could come up with something like whats here.

Attached Files Image(s)

Since you are going to build it you can use just about any bearing you want. Figure out what size axel you are going to put through it and stop by the local bearing shop and pick up a size that matches. I would use a sealed bearing.

Al
Some people are like a Slinky. Not really good for anything but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

A dead enemy is a peaceful enemy. Blessed are the peacemakers.
Inline skate wheel bearings were real handy back when I was making stuff like that
Big Grin

Bought some on clearance when a sports shop was going out of business. 

Hardened bushing on a bolt (from the big box store or local hardware) would also work well, especially with some graphite or light oil applied.

Good hardware store should have some in their line of little boxes.

Check the caster selection at Wallyworld, etc.

Got any scrap motors, etc you could get one out of?

Lazy Susan type stuff is designed to work with weight pushing down; horizontal wheel might not work too well (balls getting out of track, etc.)
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
The in  line skate bearings might be just the ticket, you can usually find a pair at the Goodwill store (or other thrift shop). I paid $5 for the ones I got, take what you need and toss the rest.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
im prolly complicating this- thinkin I need sumthin all....well.....complicated.
Rolleyes
If you have a Fastenail store nearby they stock a lot of bearings.  Roly
Built one years ago for school Home-School Org.  Used a bicycle wheel hub (front wheel).  Hub flanges provided good mounting too

Frank S in IA
Amazon has them.
I would use two flanged bearings to fit the thickness of the plywood- or add thickness to accept the bearings.. (Sandwich the bearings in the ply).  Using one bearing may cause the wheel to wobble.

[Image: wheel%20spin%20bearing_zpsqso10vhg.jpg]
http://www.usabearingsandbelts.com/18m7/...rings.html

You could then balance the wheel using small weights, then spin it to make sure it doesn't stop near the same place every time. A little friction might be a good thing relative to the force.
Another vote for the bike bearing and hub. I've built a couple of them and just finished one last week. I'm not sure if it's a standard or not, but my axle bolt was a 10mm fine thread.  The hub allows easy mounting to the wheel. Not that you asked, but for the 'clicker/pointer' I used a piece of plastic from an inner fender well. A buddy of mine had a chunk of it he bought from an auto parts store for a project. The plastic has just the right amount of give to flex and not break.