lookin for a bearing for a prize wheel
(09-18-2016, 01:28 PM)fredhargis Wrote: The in  line skate bearings might be just the ticket, you can usually find a pair at the Goodwill store (or other thrift shop). I paid $5 for the ones I got, take what you need and toss the rest.

Or keep the extra wheels for a lathe steady.  Inline skate wheels are great for a quick and dirty steady, and you can chuck them up and clean, true up, or even modify the profile to suit your needs.
Cool
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
all great suggestions and i thank ya'll greatly! ill let ya know how my choice works out.
Heck, I want to see the finished prize wheel!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I hope my wife never asks me to make one. She and her lady friends do that Lula roe, or whatever it's called, stuff all the time. How many leggings do they need? A racket I tell ya!

I would argue you don't even need a real bearing. For instance, drill a slightly oversized hole for a 1/2" or 3/4" bolt, a couple washers and a jam nut with a little clearance, and I think it'd work just fine. Use the same bolt to mount to the stand. Thatd be my first attempt. Easy to test too.
turned out pretty good.

Nice! So, what did you wind up using?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-25-2016, 04:27 PM)fredhargis Wrote: Nice! So, what did you wind up using?

I ended up using daddo's suggestion of a flanged bearing on both sides. worked out great! spins freely and balanced.