Delta Contractors Saw - Substitute Part?
Photo 
      I have a Delta Contractors Saw II model 36-630 and the tilt nut and / or the tilt screw rod are worn since I can move the blade assembly back and forth, feels like the teeth are worn. I found the tilt screw rod is still available but the tilt nut is now obsolete. Does anyone know of a substitute part, like from McMaster- Carr that can be used in it's place? I hate to dump the whole saw because of one part.
This looks like a rather simple part that could be easily duplicated by someone with machining experience. If you could give me an idea of the thread size, type and pitch I could tell you if I can make it.

Is it steel or a plastic material? It looks like there is a parting line on the end.

Tim
Search term will be BARREL NUT

Bike carrier rack, whodathunkit

Just need to check sizes. I think I would take the rod to Lowes, HD, and especially Tractor Supply. or any real good local hardware store.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
The nut could easily be replicated by a machine shop, you might be able to make one yourself if you can ID the thread and buy an appropriate tap to cut from stock of the same diameter.  Take it to a machinist if you're unsure.  
Yes
The 36-630 is an odd saw. Not your typical Delta. I think the blade height and tilt on a Unisaw might be acme threads. If yours is similar, then it should not be too hard. Knowing the pitch and thread size is a must, but you can get cheap acme taps on Ebay sometimes. A drill press and a tap with handle will make short work of it. I would not have expected to see a failure on the tilt side. I would expect more wear on the elevation screw.
Lee
Barrel Nut...that's the term I needed...Thanks!
Look for what made it fail in the first place or you may need to buy a few more nuts.
FYI I just removed the old tilt nut and it appears to be a type of plastic, like UHMW...it's no wonder it became worn, obviously the weak point in the mechanics. I may try to fabricate something from metal, but I'm not sure if I can match the threads on the screw tilt rod.

Turned out to be plastic, no wonder it became worn.
Actually a lot of guys use Delrin nuts on acme rod on cnc machines. You can make the have no backlash and they have very little friction due to the slick plastic properties. 
UHMW or Delrin are the top two choices there for wear resistance. Nylon may be a close third. Then you can get into plastics with additives that increase or decrease different properties, but I usually stick with the generic stuff.
Smile
The Shark Guard uses delrin spacers and rollers.
I could probably knock this out for you. Snap a few pictures of the threaded rod.
Lee
The saw has seen some abuse from the former Tech Director before I took over the drama dept. I spent a few days tweeting the saw and getting all aligned and it worked great for a year and a half. I think someone may have cranked the tilt too far and wore out the teeth on the tilt nut.