I need some great ideas
Most people who sell on Etsy are driving customers to their store via blogs, facebook, and other social media hangouts if they are really serious about selling. Lots of good info on selling crafts on Etsy https://www.etsy.com/seller-handbook/?ref=ftr

The key is to find out where the people hangout, who would be interested in what you are selling and then start blogging/communicating and posting your website address in your signature line.

I like using the idea of using veteran or another patriotic word in your website address, as that might catch some visitors.

Good Luck.
Awhile back I was thinking of American Patriot Woodworker but forgot all about it. 

I am not very good on any social media since it is hard to understand and takes a ton of time to even get used to it like I did here.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
How about "Vet-Turn Woodworking"? I think including a Veteran reference could help differentiate you from the masses. Before trying to take on a web site I agree with using the available built in audiences at Etsy, eBay and Facebook. If you do eventually want a web site look at squarespace.com.

Doug
Your motto can be "Let a Vet do you a good turn."  I don't think you'll need to point out they already have.
The issue with a website is you need to drive people to it. That cost $$$. I spend probably $4-5K a year doing ads to drive people there. 

Start out small. For crafty stuff, Etsy is the best, cheapest and most of the clientele are the artsy type . Ebay is OK, but lots of nickle and dimers there.

(09-21-2016, 10:35 PM)iclark Wrote: I cannot say much about websites other than stay away from GoDaddy 

Confused

Ive used them for years and have nothing but good things to say.

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Sorry about the comment about GoDaddy maybe they have improved in the last 16 years but service was VERY horrible back then and if help was needed I was on my own.  Also they are known for stealing Domain names.  If someone goes to their site and just checks on a name they might like and if not bought right then Godaddy did get the name and sell it at a higher cost.

Hope they have gotten better tho.

Also I had the web site when I typed HTTP and .net before I got hurt and for the life of me I just can not remember any of my days of writing code.

Allan

I like that motto pretty catchy
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.