Need advice on how to do something
yes, I've done all to that frig it will allow
(09-22-2016, 08:05 AM)Imakmst© Wrote: It's a one piece floor to ceiling unit that can't come down

[Image: Capture_1_zpsg5ra3rhv.jpg]

I need to take some off the rail leaving the stiles alone, like where the arrow is pointing.

you have another issue to deal with that you have not considered 
the protrusion on the left will stop even the smallest router dead ~3" from the stile 

If I were doing it I would make a fairly large surfaced straightedge to cover at least 6" of the upper opening and clamp it to the stiles ( if there is enough to clamp to, if not make backers to fit in the opening  set in a small amount from the edges inside the opening then wedge it in on both sides)  Then get a long (preferable spiral) trim bit to fit that 892 you have. On the right I would make a stop to fit the surface jig you make and on the left Well that is not going to be simple but with a larger router and bit opening hole you can see where to stop at. A bit of chisel work and you should be good to go...

running a router horizontal only take a bit more arm strength It is not like you are removing a lot of stock. Oh and router direction matters so think the cuts through before you start

JMO 
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

all good advice but that is a stock photo I found to explain the "what I got to cut". My cabinet face frame is such that I can get a clamping straight edge on it just as if I was using the clamping edge on a pc of plywood, so not issues with that. (both sides look like the right edge in that photo)
I did this task last year for the top opening on our refrigerator cabinet.  Our particular situation was that we put in new flooring that decreased the effective height of the opening.

I used the jig saw to cut most of it out then cleaned up the edge with a trim router and straight edge.  Use a couple of quik-grip clamps to hold the straight edge in place.  Watch the grain direction and you'll be fine.
I would still proceed as I suggested it just makes the project easier if you can install two stops. 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Jigsaw, rasp to clean up then a sanding block.
Tape off the front of the rail so the jigsaw doesn't scar up your finish.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

(09-22-2016, 12:01 PM)WxMan Wrote: I used the jig saw to cut most of it out then cleaned up the edge with a trim router and straight edge.  Use a couple of quik-grip clamps to hold the straight edge in place.  Watch the grain direction and you'll be fine.
IMHO, this is the best solution.

(09-22-2016, 01:59 PM)Stwood_ Wrote: Jigsaw, rasp to clean up then a sanding block.
Tape off the front of the rail so the jigsaw doesn't scar up your finish.

Good idea with the tape.
Yes
"73 is the best number because it's the 21st prime number, and it's mirror 37 is the 12th prime number, whose mirror 21 is the product of 7 times 3. Also in binary 73 is 1001001, which is a palindrome." - Nobel Laureate, Dr. Sheldon Cooper
Make sure your clamps are really secure. I've had Qwik grip clamps move/slip on me. You will be suspending a router six feet off the ground and and pushing it horizontally against the straightedge. Bad mojo if you are routing on finished cabinets and the guide moves.

Might be worthwhile to spend an half an hour making a jig with zero clearance to cradle the router. Clamp the jig to the cabinet.

I was going to compliment you on the nice looking cabinets, but never mind...
Smile
Bosch has some jigsaw blades they call "fine cut", that said their idea of fine cut, and mine differs. I'd go router. You could clamp straight boards across it to enable you to run your full size router on it. Your problem routing is you can't get that round trim bit to fit tight to the corners, so at some point you will need to use a chisel, or the jig saw. This brings the idea to just use a circular saw to cut the stretcher out completely, and replace it with a smaller model. Obviously you would need to stain/dye it to match. It looks like it is just hiding the edge of the plywood/particle board that is the shelf above the fridge.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Probably risky skill sawing the rail completely out, due to possible metal.  Pocket screws perhaps, or brads.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020