Need help ID'ing a plane
I picked this up today. It looks to be a dedicated beading plane, but I could easily be wrong. Can't find a maker's mark anywhere. Does anyone recognize it? TIA!!!
[Image: IMG_4986.jpg]
[Image: IMG_4987.jpg]
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
I have one just like it if my memory serves me still. I searched images and mine is a Singley I think that is how it is spelled. 
Jim

It's Siegley I just checked.
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
Thanks Jim!! I found a picture of one exactly like it right after my post.
Dave,
Very nice looking plane! What makes you think it's a dedicated beading plane? Did you find out anymore info on it, model #?. Can you please show some pic's of the bottom?

Thanks
Tom.
Here is the underside of mine, and the only blade that came with it. The blades would be simple to make if need be. It's hard to see but there are two little pins on the skates forward of the blade for scoring the wood ahead of the cut.

[Image: image_zpsihc5mvap.jpeg]
http://ancorayachtservice.com/ home of the Chain Leg Vise.
It is a Siegley plow plane and was made by Stanley. They made Siegley planes under contract and then bought the rights and made them as Stanley from 1901-1928. Yours looks like an early version. I think there are some type studies on the internet. This plane was a direct competitor to the Stanley #45 and came with an assortment of plow blades and bead blades.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
In rare instances, these are Union Planes. I have two of them in the box. I don't remember the details, but I think Stanley sold the remaining inventory to Union or something like that. I've read a couple different versions of the story. The big thumbscrew is generally the only part marked Union. I can always send photos if anyone is interested. And honestly, this plane I'd likely Seigley, but not always.

Matt
Thanks everyone!!

Matt- I'd definitely be interested in those photos, if its not a bother. I'm always looking for help.
The good news is that these planes are the "universal acceptor" of blades. You can use originals (hard to find) or Stanley #45 (with or without notch), Stanley #55, Craftsman, Fulton, or any other piece of steel with an edge that is about 3/32 in thickness. Length is not an issue as the long ones can extend into the handle.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com