composite decking
I figured I'd bring this to the smartest bunch of people I know.
I'm trying to help a friend decide on which composite decking to use on an existing deck.
Everything I have looked at required joists every 12 inches.
Since he already has 16" centers, that means adding another one between the existing joists.
Is there anything available that would work with the existing 16" spacing?
If so, it would save a lot of work, time, and maybe expense.
Thanks.
I used Timbertech material "TwinFinish" about 8 years ago, instructions IIRC called for 12" on center, my existing deck had 16"; I installed it anyway, and no problems since. I used their stainless steel screws and clips to attach for a clean install, no holes in surface. Actually, looks just as good today as when installed, no drooping, no finish loss. I'm very satisfied, would do it again. Ain't cheap, however, but nothing good is. YMMV
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
All the composite I have seen installed,even by the pros was 16" on center.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
My 15 yo trex is on 16" centers, no sagging.

Since mine was done before the fancy hidden fastener systems....the only thing I did different was 3 tubafours on end joints so the screws were back from the end of the board.

Ed
im not sure about different manufacturers of decking, but ones ive seen/installed said 12 OC if going on a diagonal to the joists.
Thanks all, ya'll saved me a lot of work, and time.