Electrical connectors
Can you use butt connectors on 120v ac line?
Mike

I work on the 50-50-90 rule: If there's a 50-50 choice, I'll pick the wrong one 90% of the time!
With a few exceptions, no.  If you are referring to the blue, red, yellow automotive style crimp connectors, no.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

No and why would you??  There is more to your question??? Remember any splice connector must be proper voltage rated and UL approved. With butt connectors you have exposed ends and even using the right crimp tool it is possible to have exposed copper from the indent. Even if taped not good practice.  Ground wires yes. 

With that all said they do make UL approved butt connectors for 120volts and higher but they are not the automotive type you see.
John T.
Have you seen these?

https://www.amazon.com/Ideal-Industries-...B008D23AZO
What are you trying to do that you want to use butt connectors ?  Roly
darn, several years ago I was looking for those and couldn't find them anywhere (in line splice)!
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
I looked at those and from what I read seems people are using those in line in walls?  I might use them in a box but doubt it as I have seen many that come 
attached to fixtures release wires like back stabbed receptacles.  These are what I am talking about I cut them off and use wire nuts

[Image: %24_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(09-25-2016, 12:03 PM)Bob10 Wrote: I looked at those and from what I read seems people are using those in line in walls?  I might use them in a box but doubt it as I have seen many that come 
attached to fixtures release wires like back stabbed receptacles.  These are what I am talking about I cut them off and use wire nuts

[Image: %24_1.JPG?set_id=880000500F]

Those work very well, much better than a wire nut and more reliable, especially since almost everyone seems to install wire nuts incorrectly.  All connections must be in a box, though, so you can't just use them in a wall without a box.
(09-26-2016, 12:21 PM)geek2me Wrote: Those work very well, much better than a wire nut and more reliable, especially since almost everyone seems to install wire nuts incorrectly.  All connections must be in a box, though, so you can't just use them in a wall without a box.

I'm a big fan of the Wago stuff including the Wall-Nuts, but I think the wire nut is still the gold standard.