Initials for front door
My wife wants me to make a thing for our door where you have her first initial, a large initial for our last name and then my first initial. The first initials are smaller and overlay the larger last initial.

This would be scroll sawed out of a thin piece of plywood. Don't ask me what this is for, all I know is it is some kind of decoration for the door.

Does anyone know of any website or anything where I could select the fancy letters and print out some kind of pattern for this project. Once I get the pattern I can take it to OD and get it enlarged to the proper size ( about 18" wide).

Thanks
If you are running some version of windows you should be able to click on the start button and simply type "fonts" into the open search space just above.   On my system, i got something like the display attached.

and simply clicked on show installed fonts.   That should give you an idea of what you already have.   Initial monograms like what you are talking
about used to be done on silver and linens and one of the script fonts should work nicely for you.   you might have to get them up to 72 point to start (1 inch), and then enlarge them further and overlay them...   you might need another program to overlay them as "transparent" so that you can see all the details.   I haven't tried that so can't recommend a program right now.

There appears to be a way to make "transparency" with characters in Irfanview. I only fooled with it for a minute though.
I made the template for this "RD" in WordPerfect.  I assume Word will do the same.

[Image: 68D2408D-64AA-49A8-9284-1DFA1CF7AA1B-263...b06a0d.jpg]
Carolyn

Trip Blog for Twelve Countries:   [url=http://www.woodworkingtraveler.wordpress.com[/url]

"It's good to know, but it's better to understand."  Auze Jackson
Carolyn,

Nice...i never thought of using word...probably could use open office if you have that instead, too.