pallet furniture?
With all the folks out there making furniture from used pallets I saw this and realized this guy "nailed" it!
http://www.woodtalkonline.com/uploads/mo...0489c.jpeg
No. I only do that when I'm drunk. : )
Smile 
I love it !
Laugh
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Awesome
Laugh
Laugh
Laugh
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
It has been a family joke for 60+ years.  My aunt, who made truly awful arts and crafts projects was described as being able to "turn perfectly good lamps into old wood crates".  

Sort of similar.

We have spacers between horizontal coils of steel in our factory.  They come that way from the mill to make it easier to pick up individual coils from the stack.

These are rough cut strips of 3/4" x 2" x 12" pine.  We have hundreds of these around the shop, usually in a stack which gets taken to the dumpster once of week.  

When no one was paying attention I used some Woodworker's II to glue a bunch of these in a random pattern.  So when the guy came to carry out the pieces they mostly went in a single assembly.  It caused a bit of a ruckus in the factory.  I though it was amusing.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Good pallets are made form seasoned cottonwood and might last 2 to 3 years outdoors. Lousy furniture is made from particleboard. Lousy pallets are also made from particleboard and might last 3 to 4 months outdoors.
Rip to width. Plane to thickness. Cut to length. Join.
Interesting they would so specialize the wood they use for a pallet over there. Around here they only use AOW to make pallets out of. AOW being any old wood.
Big Grin

I have seen a few of those particle board specials though, Many of them don't survive the initial loading.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(09-30-2016, 11:33 PM)Steve N Wrote: Interesting they would so specialize the wood they use for a pallet over there. Around here they only use AOW to make pallets out of. AOW being any old wood.
Big Grin

having worked in a pallet mill, i can say its WTCS, being what the customer specified.
(10-02-2016, 06:15 AM)tomsteve Wrote: having worked in a pallet mill, i can say its WTCS, being what the customer specified.

Pallets which are shipping over seas cannot contain any critters, cannot have voids for critters to hide in.  For that reason, we use pallets made of much better quality ply than you can find at the BORG.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe