A pretty special Richardson Bros. Saw (pics warning)
You definitely did that saw, and its history, proud. I love the classic shape and style.

Please continue with your saw postings. I think many more people here appreciate them than just the ones who comment. Your work is top shelf.
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
(09-26-2016, 03:17 PM)Gregory of Sherwood Forest Wrote: You definitely did that saw, and its history, proud. I love the classic shape and style.

Please continue with your saw postings. I think many more people here appreciate them than just the ones who comment. Your work is top shelf.

Yes.... very much appreciated indeed!
Skip

Hi Daryl,

good to read you again! The saw is beautiful! Not only the wood but the handle shape.
Some may now that i collect scans of handle and show them on my blog so I and others
can copy it easy or get inspirated. What dou you think, could yu scan the handle for me?

Cheers
Pedder
Wonderful saw, really!

It's funny how small changes in the curves can make the difference between a cute handle and a stunning one. Something similar with sport cars and... women! 
Big Grin
Ciao e grazie, Leo.
Daryl:

Keep up the posts - they truly are appreciated.

Oh, and by the way, a superb saw.

Dave B
If I recall, 600+ people view your thread(s) and only two complained.
Heart 
aye, and if they don't like beautiful tools (well, it is), then let them go elsewhere and complain... 

love those saws...
Complaints? Where?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Imagine the guy that bought that new. How long did he save to buy it? Was he a farmer, builder, or banker? How many owned it? Why did they sell it or perhaps hand it down and how many times? How did it survive all these years?
Were those handmade or machine made or a little of both? What did they sell for?
130+ years.
(09-27-2016, 06:53 PM)daddo Wrote: Imagine the guy that bought that new. How long did he save to buy it? Was he a farmer, builder, or banker? How many owned it? Why did they sell it or perhaps hand it down and how many times? How did it survive all these years?
Were those handmade or machine made or a little of both? What did they sell for?
130+ years.

I think of the same questions when looking at many vintage tools. I guess those thoughts come with age, of both the tool and the observer.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis