Looks like a pretty neat tool

I just ordered one.

http://www.woodpeck.com/bora-miterix-ang...gifjeex8fd
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
Thanks Barn, great looking tool.

Mel
ABC(Anything But Crapsman)club member
At $28 that's a very handy tool.  Of course, simple math still works, too.  

John
who miters baseboard?

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

I could see it for outside baseboard miters.
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

WOW, quite cheap for something Woodpecker sells!

I can see its value, but I use a digital angle gauge.  I can divide by 2 in my head, and reset the gauge.

Here is an idea for digital angle gauge manufactures/developers.  It would be easy to add code to divide.  After a measure is made, one could press a button to divide the angle, by any given number.  It would not need to be 2.  The new angle could be locked in.  An indicator could light when the indicated angle is reached.

The BORA MITERIX is a single purpose tool, which looks like it does a great job.  However, I still like the more modern way.
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
Years ago, I made angle blocks about 6" long of different angles out of scrap.

A pair of each: 43°, 43.5°, 44°, 44.5°, 45°, 45.5°, 46°, 46.5°

You get the picture.... and they worked very, very well when I cut all the trim in my house.

Showing not only the exact fit at the mitered corner, but the alignment of the first 6" of the stock.

But to your point, what I do like about this tool, math notwithstanding, is using it will take out any angle error of your saw.

Let's say your saw is off a half a degree.... a lot, I know, but just to show a point. (Mine is dead on, but some aren't.)

Using math doesn't correct for any error in your saw calibration.

This tool won't care what your saw setting says...
[Image: usa-flag-waving-united-states-of-america...if-clr.gif]
I always thought this did pretty well at that job, plus everything else I needed angle info for.

[Image: Starrett-505P-7-Miter-Saw-Angle-Finder-P...r-Tool.jpg]
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(09-26-2016, 10:46 AM)meackerman Wrote: who miters baseboard?

You mean instead of coping?  From what I've seen around here, anyone installing baseboard in new construction.
(10-02-2016, 06:11 AM)KC Wrote: You mean instead of coping?  From what I've seen around here, anyone installing baseboard in new construction.

Yeah, the so-called "skill" trade of trim carpentry in these parts never heard of coping; I guess it takes too long to do it.   I've been in a lot of new construction lately and see lots of caulk at the corners, inside and outside, covering up quick work with a chop saw.  A shame really.  But the tract builders do have someone who knows what they are doing in their model homes and the trim is excellent, but its consistently downhill from there. 

A relative of my wife just bought a 20 year old house and before they moved in had hired a crew to refinish the floors, paint and trim out several rooms with crown and chair rail, they said they were so pleased with the quality of the work but when I went over for the first time the trim was butchered horribly, I didn't see one joint done properly, nail holes were not filled properly, and they were even sloppy with the caulk at the corners!  Of course, I said nothing, but it just seems fudge don't know any better and will accept shoddy work.  Maybe my standards are too high because I don't make a living doing trim work.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis