Looks like a pretty neat tool
Got one like that. The big circle bugs me much, so I seldom use it.  Trying to set a jointer or verifying a blade tilt with it is an exercise in frustration, sending me back to my magnetic.  http://www.sears.com/johnson-level-magne...981548000P
Better to follow the leader than the pack. Less to step in.
My favorite is the digital, though I have the 6", not the 11" pictured below.  One can easily measure the angle, divide as needed, reset the gauge and take it to the saw.  No large circle, will work horizontally as well as vertically.
[Image: 515fdAEmraL._SL1000_.jpg]
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
(10-02-2016, 07:27 AM)Admiral Wrote: Yeah, the so-called "skill" trade of trim carpentry   I've been in a lot of new construction lately and see lots of caulk at the corners, inside and outside, covering up quick work with a chop saw. 

Yeah the "pros" have taken to quick chops, and everything from drywall mud, to caulk. Of course most of the trim spec is MDF, and painted, which hides all of their lack of ability.

This is why when Russel and John post pics of their work it isn't that. It shows skill, and a pride in what they are putting out there. A rarity anymore.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(09-26-2016, 10:46 AM)meackerman Wrote: who miters baseboard?

I  do, every one of them. I also use shims behind the ends to insure they fit tight and 90 deg to the floor. If I were installing stained base and not caulking, I'd probably cope if I didn't think I could get a perfect fit.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS