Framing Nailer and Compressor
You can use decking screws.  The green torx25 screws work great for framing.  They are available in 3" and 3 ½".  Anywhere that sheer strength is a serious concern (decking screws have excellent sheer strength for screws) you can just hand-nail some sinkers.  But putting up partitions in a basement finishing job isn't going to present many truly load bearing applications needing nails.

We use a paslode framing nailer at work.  It's a good tool and works fine.  I have the pc 21 degree framing nailer that works fine (used it for years on my own house and side jobs).  A harbor freight framing nailer may work ok.  I have their 1" pin nailer that works just as well as my porter cable pin nailer (which has a larger length capacity).

Those cheap pancake compressors at the home improvement stores are really loud but work fine.  You may as well buy a 2" brad nailer too.  Those 18ga nails are perfect for crown and casing.