Electrical weird
Outlet not powering what I plug in unless I wiggle the plug and get lucky. Actually, outlets -- true for both of them. Figure wiring is dodgy or receptacle is bad -- replace receptacle. Same behavior.

What would cause this?

Thanks,
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Web: My woodworking photo site
is there pig tailed ends wire nutted in the box ?  

that is one place to look past that pull first adjoining outlet and check the wiring there 

After that pull the breaker box cover and check the connections on the breaker

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Need more info. What did you replace the outlets with??  How were they wired??? Did you back wire them (stab in) Is there a splice to share the 2 outlets and are both outlets in the same box??? What type wiring??  BX (no green wire in cable), Romex, MC (green wire in cable), or separate wires pulled in pipe?? Is the box metal or plastic??
John T.
The male unit plugs.

Receptacle innards can lose contact when over heated/worn out. Changing with new solves that problem.

New receptacle----bad appliance/light/whatever plugs.
Check wire nuts in box sounds like something is loose.   Shut down breaker and gently tug on wires see what falls out

Had another thought also check the condition of the wires you might have a damage wire that completes the circuit if in just the right spot
This might seem like a long shot but a wire damaged like that is what causes fires as they can arc not enough to trip the breaker but enough to burn a place down
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

What are you trying to plug into it?

I have a random orbital sander that will not work in my outlets - unless I jiggle the plug.

It is NOT the outlet.  It is the sander.  I have a new plug for the sander.  I just haven't had the time to replace it.

If you are trying different things, please ignore this post.  
Wink
If you have checked all the connections in the box, and what you are plugging in, check to see if it is being fed from a near by box such on the other side of the wall, it may move a wire in that box.   Roly
LIL thanks everyone. I'll have a chance to look at it this weekend. Appreciate the help!
Best,
Aram, always learning

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.” Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I ran into this tonight. I'm remolding the bathroom and replaced the light and the fan switch. The fan didn't work after installing the new switch. I figured I had a bad switch so I replaced it. Still, no power. I pulled out the other switch (same box) and saw the pigtail pulled out of the wire-nut. Re-twisted the wires and put on a new nut and all is good. Every connection in the box was not tight. I've seen weak connections in every outlet and switch I've opened since I started rehabbing this house. It was built in 1990. Lots of bone-head problems in the house which stemmed from poor "lazy" construction..
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

LIL Yup. Cheese job crimp connections. Fixed and working now. Thanks everyone.
Best,
Aram, always learning