Irwin and Oldham 10" Saw Blades
(09-30-2016, 04:29 AM)Redman Wrote: Probably get another Freud. I need to look around for that Irwin Marples maybe too. Probably just use my old Freud blade for a while, I'm not trying to produce glue line rips.

Don't spend it all in one place now.
Raised

You ever get back to those cutting board boards?
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I still need to get a 2" sq. x 18" piece of purpleheart. It's been an expensive few months and wife said don't worry about it right now.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Alrighty
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

About a decade (or maybe a bit more!) ago, I bought an Oldham rip blade. It came with blade stabilizers, and was great. It was replaced with a Woodworker II, which was better, but only a bit better. The Oldham, IIRC, was about 3/4 the price of the Forrest, and along with a few other blades, is awaiting shipment to Forrest for sharpening (yes, they sharpen all brands to their tooth profile).
Waiting to grow up beyond being just a member
www.metaltech-pm.com
This Oldham blade is around 15 yrs. old. Used for regular ripping, resawing cutting as deep in one pass as the blade will raise and for cutting nails, oops, more than once. Resharpened and is finally loosing carbine. Time to replace.
There is no such thing as too much horsepower, free lunch or spare change ~ anonymous

87% of people say their mental health is good to excellent. The rest are sane enough to know they are lying. ~ anonymous
Decisions, decisions.
Steve

Missouri

WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Quote:Decisions, decisions.
Yeah, I hate that. Ain't nothing easy. 
Laugh

What do I think?  They are carpentry grade blades.  Quit using them a long time ago.