Pellet Stove in fireplace
Sad 
Good morning everyone!  I am getting ready to install a free standing pellet stove in an upstairs fireplace. Is there a plate or something that will block off the front of the
the fireplace openinig so the venting can be run but no heat loss.  Have looked but cannot find anything.  Either that or I am computer illiterate, which, is more likely
Crazy
Yea It's a Hemi
Not to re-direct you to another site, but there is a group over on Yahoo called "woodheat" that may be able to answer your question. 

I may be mistaken, but I thought I saw something along those lines some time ago, but it was to have a conventional, freestanding wood stove exhaust through the front of the fireplace (i.e. the freestanding wood stove mounted in front of the fireplace, the exhaust discharges into the fireplace through the plate that blanks off the fireplace).  I have no idea where I saw it, so I am sorry I can't direct you to a site.  Also, I am not sure it will work for a pellet stove, though, I thought free standing pellet stoves needed a more direct exhaust, though, and only a pellet insert could use the existing fireplace flue.
Confused

Paul
Paul
They were right, I SHOULDN'T have tried it at home!
go to a fireplace store that sells wood stoves they should have what you want
Slightly off-topic, but a few years back when home heating oil prices soared so did the pellet fuel, even though it did not suffer from the same increased costs.

I guess they figure that they only need to be 10 to 20 percent cheaper than oil to keep the sales.  It did seem rather whorish to me. 

A local vendor was hawking pellet fuel stoves with an automatic feed that you only needed to clean out once a week.  But it did not save nearly enough money to make the extra work seem worthwhile.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.