Am I being an inconsiderate host?
Wink 
We were gone for a week and something burrowed in under our front concrete porch.

I found both entrance holes and filled them with a week's worth of clean-out from the cat box (3 cats)
Big Grin

Then I took the hose as sprayed the holes to get the used litter into the burrow.

Next step (if needed) involves a bottle of ammonia and a leaf blower
Laugh

Then a wheelbarrow of fine rock.

Think that will do it??
Upset

(inside city limits so no kinetic energy solutions possible)
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
(09-29-2016, 01:11 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Think that will do it??
Upset

Not if it is a woodchuck.
Mark

I'm no expert, unlike everybody else here - Busdrver

Nah...I like you, young feller...You remind me of my son... Timberwolf 03/27/12

Here's a fact: Benghazi is a Pub Legend... CharlieD 04/19/15

If it's doesn't it will be time for the Giant Destroyer
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(09-29-2016, 02:14 PM)fredhargis Wrote: If it's doesn't it will be time for the Giant Destroyer

From the Amazon questions about the "Giant Destroyer"

Quote:Question: Can I use this to smoke a briscuit?

Answer: Are you putting natural selection to the test? 

Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
(09-29-2016, 02:14 PM)fredhargis Wrote: If it's doesn't it will be time for the Giant Destroyer

These type of things work very well.  I was a field hand for two summers for my father in law's vegetable farm, and saw how groundhogs ate up the whole of the 2400 linear feet of green beans that I spent hours and hours hoeing and tending.  A trip to the Agway Co-op and a bag of similar bombs had the desired effect, but you had to chase them in; then watch for smoke coming out of their alternate exits, and put a shovel of dirt on it to keep the gas inside. Took me about a week to get them all.  It would have been a bit more fun these days to take them out with my Savage Model 12 .223 varmint rifle, hollow points of course.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
I want to hear Fescue's account of how you solved this problem.

Big Grin
(09-29-2016, 09:25 PM)Anak Wrote: I want to hear Fescue's account of how you solved this problem.

Big Grin

Thanks.  You're a lot of help
Rolleyes

Laugh
Laugh

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
If it's a woodchuck, a bit of cantaloupe brings them into a live trap. A .22 makes them peaceful to dump out.

My boss is a Jewish carpenter. Our DADDY owns the business.
Trying to understand some people is like trying to pick up the clean end of a turd.
If you are sure he's in there.  A simple cheap solution is several good size chunks of dry ice.  Shove them in the holes and seal up with dirt or whatever.
Slowly suffocates the beast before they even know it's happening.  It is also good if they burrow down as the CO2 is heavy and fills all the lower cavities.
“Poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten”
(09-29-2016, 02:36 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: From the Amazon questions about the "Giant Destroyer"

Laugh

(09-29-2016, 03:06 PM)Admiral Wrote: These type of things work very well.  I was a field hand for two summers for my father in law's vegetable farm, and saw how groundhogs ate up the whole of the 2400 linear feet of green beans that I spent hours and hours hoeing and tending.  A trip to the Agway Co-op and a bag of similar  bombs had the desired effect, but you had to chase them in; then watch for smoke coming out of their alternate exits, and put a shovel of dirt on it to keep the gas inside. Took me about a week to get them all.  It would have been a bit more fun these days to take them out with my Savage Model 12 .223 varmint rifle, hollow points of course.

Good to hear. I'll try the  on our pocket gophers as they destroy everything and leave lots of mounds behind. Have lost many bushes to them as well as the yard being a hazard to walk on when they are active.