Am I being an inconsiderate host?
WT: do you have a plan of action yet?
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It's been raining. Next time I'm out I'll drop by Tractor Supply and look for a "Giant Killer" or close. That plus a wheelbarrow of fine rock should cure problem.

And no, Fescue won't be around to help or observe.

But that hasn't ever stopped him from commenting
Wink
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
Do you know what it is yet ?    Remember if you kill it under there it may get odorous after a while.   By now you would know if it is a skunk or not.   A light works for a skunk but remember some animals are nocturnal so they would be in there during the day.    If it is any size they will dig right through fine rock or just dig from another side.    Roly
Anak: your curiosity is rewarded.

He posted it in "off topic"
Rolleyes

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Catch, kill, clean, cook badly, feed to smart aleck kid.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories. 

(10-02-2016, 08:41 PM)Wild Turkey Wrote: Anak: your curiosity is rewarded.

He posted it in "off topic"
Rolleyes

You done raised that boy right.

Not that I intend to let The Varmints learn from his example...

Uhoh
[quote pid='7358791' dateline='1475172680']

Next step (if needed) involves a bottle of ammonia and a leaf blower
Laugh

[/quote]

Two five gallon buckets on stands with hoses coming out of the bottom.  Zip tie the last 6" of the hoses together and feed into the hole as far as you can.  Clamp off the hoses at the bucket.

Fill one bucket with ammonia and the other with bleach.  Unclamp the hoses.  Go to the bar.  15 minute later, nothing in that hole will be alive, nor will anything that crawls into the hole for the next few hours.  Works well on anthills too.
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

I knew there had to be a way to do that!  I've got a couple of friends who have groundhogs in their barns that can really use that idea.

I've already smoke bombed and sealed the holes under the porch.

If something digs out I may get more serious
Upset

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)
Be sure to let us know of something digs out. If the EPA has "dumbed-down" the smoke bombs we want to know.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
It's been a couple of days and tombs are undisturbed.

Either critter got the "cat poop" message or they are now "becoming with the fill under the porch.

Either way it's good
Big Grin

Wild Turkey
(joined 10/1999)