old sink question
ok, this won't be everyone's taste, but looking for ideas.

There's a shop near me that has an old cast iron sink.  Design wise it looks a pretty much like the first picture but is about the color of the second pic.  I'm thinking a center spout and two handles, one on either side.  The one I'm looking for does have a three slot overflow drain a little below the handle and above the drain.  It is a wall mount and would have had metal legs in frontt, but I'd like to make a stand for it instead, I would still back the sink up against the wall.  Also I'm trying to figure out what colors might go with it for paint on the walls?

For a stand would you think wood and a finish or paint it some color?  Any ideas on the stand / vanity in general?  

[Image: VBS032613-07.jpg]

[Image: il_570xN.330320817.jpg]
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
really not sure what you are after as I don't know the size of the cabinet you want to put under it or the rest of the bath design but I think if you want the sink to pop you might want to try something like this.  Funny thing is I just passed on 2 of those sinks out of a neighbors remodel because I couldn't figure out a way to make them stand out in a good way.  So here is something you might consider 

[Image: good-48-inch-white-bathroom-vanity-26-in...binets.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

With that color of sink, I would go with a white wall and probably white tile if possible. If you follow Houzz.com you will find many similar things being done with bright colors and a retro piece tied in.

For the cabinet, I would try to scribe the sink curves into the sides so a 1/2-1" is proud all the way around the perimeter. Once again, I'd be thinking white on the cabinet. Beadboard would also look nice. Then add some more color, including more teal blue, with accessories and decorations.

Do you have spray equipment?

If so, I would probably take the sink to an automotive paint supplier and have them match it. They'll have a "chip deck" with every imaginable color under the rainbow. The will use a spectrometer to get close andd the chip deck to nail it down. Have them mix a "single stage urethane" to match. It will be as close as you can get. Or an offf white or very light gray.

Does it need a stand? Some of those ole iron sinks can mount directly to the wall without a stand.

Cool stuff by the way
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

Grey is the new beige.  Some are even calling it "graige".

Here are some grey bathrooms.  The sink could be the one "pop" of color.  

https://www.designtrends.com/arch-interi...rooms.html
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Thanks for that link to DesignTrends. Some good stuff there.

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

cool.  I like the idea of a cabinet just about the size of the sink.  And white sounds good.  I was getting to wrapped up in colors and didn't think of white.  The green would stand out more.  Grey wouldn't be a bad idea either.  I was reading where they suggest greys with a touch of blue or touch of green added to the paint to soften the color.  Might be interesting.  The bathroom is not big.  The current top is only 31 inches wide.  This sink is 22 w by 19 d.

I was wanting to avoid wall mounting so I could hide the plumbing.
mark
Ignorance is bliss -- I'm very, very happy
Careful mixing other colors with grey. We think of grey as black and white mixed together. Technically, that's true but if you were to mix grey with tints, it would contain blue, green, purple and just a little black. Usually, greys are really more towards purple or blue but our eye doesn't really see it unless it's next to another color.

True greys look like primer...

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

White would work nicely

[Image: bc2abbe2449e4b1dc9073a96308551bd.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Make sure you find a faucet you like if its the face mount option 2 before you invest a lot in the sink.
Blackhat

Bad experiences come from poor decisions. So do good stories.