For you Diamond Stone Sharpeners
Hi Allan

I have a DMT 100 grit, EZE Lap 600 and 1200 grit and a DMT 8000 grit (also the Atoma 400 reserved for stone flattening.) I tend to not use a lubricant and instead, they get scrubbed with a stiff brush when I think they are clogging. The diamonds will be aimed at gouge honing. The DMT 8K stone is ~3 microns - in my mind that means stropping. Depending, I'll either use the nice, long leather strips with LV or TFWW green crayon or I will use the WS3000 honing disk loaded with green crayon. When I get to cutting mortises with the Narex set I will probably try ending at the 8K stone.

I bought and still have the stones that are plastic and full of circles. I use them for junk because that is what they are.

For my "good" stuff I go straight to Stu's 3 stone set. A touch-up consists of a couple swipes on the 6K and a couple more on the 13K. The major time is getting the blade in and out the honing guide that I need to use.
Thanks,  Curt
-----------------
"Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards."
      -- Soren Kierkegaard
I use a couple DMT dual grit "stones". I finish with the extra-fine, and usually strop afterwards. I lubricate the "stones" with water from a spray bottle.

I haven't worn them out yet, but if I run into that, I am willing to replace them as necessary.

I have been satisfied with their performance.

Dave
(10-06-2016, 07:33 AM)DaveinOhio Wrote: I use a couple DMT dual grit "stones". I finish with the extra-fine, and usually strop afterwards. I lubricate the "stones" with water from a spray bottle.

I haven't worn them out yet, but if I run into that, I am willing to replace them as necessary.

I have been satisfied with their performance.

Dave

This... but I have switched from water to wd-40.... and when they lose a little cutting action, I sprinkle on a drop of loose diamonds of the correct grit.  Still flat after all these years....
Skip

800 -> 1200 -> 8000 water stone.

I use Windex as a lubricant on the diamond stones.