CL: 8" lumberman jointer, no motor for $250
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/tls/5805267246.html

Is this worth $250?   How easy would it be to buy a replacement motor, and mount it for someone who has no mechanical skill?
Not to me.  I wouldn't offer more than $100 for it, maybe less depending upon how it actually looks in person .  Adding a motor isn't hard, but a 2 HP one will set you back another $150 - $200.  

John
I see no problem what-so-ever if he's willing to put the motor back on, just long enough for you to run it, and joint a length of wood. Bring something hard, at least Oak kinda hard. If he's unwilling just say no, the motor swap story is smoke to hide the real problem. I do agree with John he's asking too much for a partial machine. $100 to $150, but both of us are in areas where machinery abounds, Cali, maybe not so much.

If he's willing, and it all runs good, make sure to get the motor frame type, and HP info. Plus if the pulley/pulleys are off make sure to get that info as well. Mounting one is as simple as tightening bolts, and pulling it taught to the belt. On a low HP machine a link belt will run fine
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
it wouldn't be worth it to me I have an 8' Delta you can have for $400 and if you want the 13" planer to match make it $800 for both.

They are located in San Francisco and probably would take a day for me to dig out
[Image: 0429131309a_zpse315b4cb.jpg]
[Image: d92776ad-4a41-4e8b-8946-b8bd856e5c4a_zps4dkybkij.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Forget that C-list jointer and PM Bob immediately to take him up on his offer - before he comes to his senses and ups the prices. 

John
I'm fine with those prices I am more about clearing space right now I have too much stuff and I want other stuff so need to move some of it out.  There is a PM 15"  planer and an 8" parallel PM  stored next to the stuff above.  Price on those is way more though
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Geez, I wouldn't be able to get that $800 out of my wallet and into Bob's hand fast enough!!!
" The founding fathers weren't trying to protect citizens' rights to have an interesting hobby." I Learn Each Day 1/18/13

www.RUSTHUNTER.com
Bob, that's very generous of you.   I would buy the jointer if I can somehow get the thing into my Hyundai Sonata easily.  

Can the jointer be taken apart easily?   Not only removing the jointer from the stand, but each bed would have to separated from the main jointer body.   I know it's going to be a lot of work to get the beds coplaner again, but it's the only way it'll fit in my sedan.  

The planer looks too big and heavy for me to get it into my car.

I'm in Santa Clara within walking distance from Levis stadium, about a 35 min drive to the border of San Francisco if there is no traffic.   Which part of SF are you located?
Back to the original jointer: that one is USA made (Oregon) and may have some interest to old arn buffs. There is some info on them over at OWWM. No opinion on the price, but it might be worth looking at (if you don't buy that Delta jointer AND planer being offered.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Dick: Can't you rent a truck for about $30?