CL: 8" lumberman jointer, no motor for $250
I am in Belmont not that far from you in relative terms.  They both fit in my Ford so I guess I could get them to where you are if you decide to get them.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Forget taking them apart.  Rent a trailer, rent a truck, pay Bob to bring them to you.  Get moving.  

John
jteneyck - you're right, I should get moving.   These deals don't come along often.  

Bob, I sent you a PM.    By the way, there was a CL ad for G0555LX for $250 in Belmont last week. - was that yours?    I already had my mind set on the Grizzly 17", but that was such a great deal.
It wasn't me I don't have anything Grizzly except a horizontal sander that was tossed into a package deal.  If you say you want it the deal won't go away I need to free up a day to dig them out.  The Unisaw and 18" Delta planer is me
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

Bob, you da Man.
Yes
Yes
Yes Making dreams come true in sunny Caifonia
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
Probably cost you 50-60 bucks for a Uhaul 9 foot cargo van.
(10-03-2016, 12:11 AM)BillN Wrote: Probably cost you 50-60 bucks for a Uhaul 9 foot cargo van.

I wonder how much more for something with a hydraulic liftgate? That seems like the simplest way to move jointers especially where you really shouldn't lift them by the beds. No clue about how things work/are priced in the Bay area.
I moved a 750 lb jointer onto a 5 x 9' U-haul trailer, the one with the long rear gate, with no trouble.  The jointer was on a mobile base.  I put some 1/2" plywood from the driveway onto the gate.  2 of us rolled it onto the gate, and blocked it there.  Next I put a floor jack under the gate on both sides, jacked the gate up level, and then just rolled it onto the bed of the trailer.  We did exactly the opposite to get the thing off the trailer.  Pretty darned simple. 

This was a 300 mile move, but locally I can rent that trailer for about $26/day, including insurance. 

John
If that jointer is American-made and works, then yes, it's worth $250 and then some. Motors are cheap and easy to install.

Hell, even if it isn't American-made, it's worth that price.

Well, it's worth that price to somebody who is willing to pay it and fix it. Not these bottom scavengers, though.
Semper fi,
Brad

I've moved an 8" jointer in the back of my Honda Fit (hatchback). It makes it drop on the shocks a bit but it's not really that heavy.

I don't have any room in my garage though, so this one is all yours!
Computer geek and amateur woodworker.