Blade sharpening services?
(10-04-2016, 12:29 PM)Axl Wrote: Don't go that route. I buy Freud blades on Amazon.

those may be the worst knives made. 

Try a set of Brian's and you will notice the difference.

JME

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

So the last 10 years of reliable use doesn't mean squat?
I suppose so if you do not use your jointer much

I blew through a set in about a month, had them sharpened  did the same thing again the one time I tried them. 

The steel is too soft. 

JME
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

Look up Bull Sharpening in Oak Park IL, We have been around for more than 25 years now. We offer the best sharpening service in the midwest.
Our price on planer/joiner knives are $0.60 an inch.  We use C&C machines to sharpen most of your wood working tooling.
The sharpener sent all my blades back without sharpening them.  My 15" planer blades are pretty much full width, but have deep nicks, so he said by the time they were sharpened they would be junk.  I have some ready to go 26" blade stock that I can cut down to 15", but they are only 3/4" wide and my planer calls for 1".  My question is for the reliant 15" planer and other versions of this planer, what is the minimum blade width for them?  I looked up the grizz manual, but didn't see this mentioned.

Bob
must be really deep considering most knives can be sharpened reducing the width by at least 20%

here is a link to a replacement set

Here is the info for someone you need to talk to about sharpening your existing knives

My local guy is around 40 cents an inch and 25 cents a tooth.
WoodNET... the new safespace