Laguna Bandsaw Parts
Does anyone know where to get parts for a Laguna LT-18 bandsaw, other than Laguna. Laguna seems to be pretty difficult to work with. I'm looking for minor parts and their saying that they have to get them from Italy.  Thanks in advance.

Paul
How minor? 

some things may be attainable in the USA like bearings bolts and even electrical switches. past that you may be at the mercy of Laguna or get creative...
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I'm doing maintenance for a public shop so we have limits on how creative we can be for liability and safety reasons. What I could do in my own shop isn't necessarily what I can do there. We have already had to change to another start/stop switch due to numerous failures and high replacement costs. I can probably make one of the parts but I'm sure you understand that really adds to the repair time involved and one part, (Spring steel blade protection), I can't make.

I find it strange that when I called I couldn't talk directly to the parts department. I had to leave a message with a receptionist about the needed parts and they decide if they will call you back or send an email. I got a call back 4 hours later, explained what I needed. I was told that they do not stock nuts, bolts, washers or any parts they deem as hardware, They order those parts from the manufacturer in Italy. They said that they would check their stock and call me back. About an hour and 30 minutes later I checked my email and found they emailed me but apparently they forgot to attach or include the quote because nothing was there, just a note saying here's the quote. I emailed back 24 hours ago and I haven't received a response. So I'm trying to find another source, if there is one available. I'll be back on the phone tomorrow with them I'm sure, but I thought with the knowledge base here I'd check if anyone knew of another source.

Paul
Quote:I was told that they do not stock nuts, bolts, washers or any parts they deem as hardware

Ergo why I suggested those can be sourced if not locally then on the internet 

Places like Grainger, McMaster Carr,  Fastnal or even Ace or True Value  are the places to hit for hardware....

As for fabricating a part it is either wait them out ( or post a pic here so we can see what you have). Sometimes you get lucky and the part exists in some form or someone has found an acceptable replacement 

Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

How much did Laguna quote you for the spring steel blade protection? I might be able to help with that. Shoot me a pm.
John
(10-04-2016, 01:57 PM)PaulM85 Wrote: I had to leave a message with a receptionist about the needed parts and they decide if they will call you back or send an email.

Paul

I had the same problem a few years ago wanting to get a bandsaw before they came out on the stores.  I emailed them 4 times and on hold many times for up to 1/2 hour or more.  I figured if they can not answer a question and buying about their bandsaw How would I get ahold of them if something broke down.  I will not touch them with a 100 mile pole
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
On the spindle I wanted for my shaper, I ended up ordering it directly from Stomana Hickman myself. Laguna decided it was not made anymore because it was annoying to get one for me. Terrible.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I"m glad I never had to ask them for anything.  The interwebs was not the useful thing it is now when I bought mine.  I never would have bought it.
I'm sorry that I didn't get back in touch quicker, I had to go out of town for a few days and help my sister. I was able to fabricate the part that Laguna didn't have listed. I've gotten the saw running. I possibly have a route to get the other parts. Interestingly, Laguna never sent a price for the parts and did not respond to my email that their email didn't include a parts quote. Heck of a way to service customers. It really shows me something when over 450 people viewed this thread and no one knew of another parts source for Laguna bandsaws. I have found woodnetters to be very helpful and you just have to look at all of the answers folks have given to others to realize how knowledgeable everyone is here. I believe if there was another available source I would have gotten the answer here.

Paul Mitzel
As an owner of 2 LT-18s , I was seriously concerned about Laguna's lousy service.   So I ended up on their chatline and pointed them to this thread, saying their actions will cost them customers.   I think I was corresponding with a real person, but some of these AI chatbots are very clever.  Regardless, Laguna knew about this thread a week ago and has not chosen to respond.   Doesn't look good for them