$99 Festool 5" Sander with free ship and $50 off your next Festool Tool
(11-08-2016, 07:58 PM)jgrogan Wrote: just got the same email.  shipping on March 16th. so much for xmas.  cancelling my order (one way to shorten waiting time)

Same here , They are shipping mine on Mid March, I was hoping for Christmas.
The frustrating is that they already charged my credit card and I will not get the sander for 6 months, while they are sitting on my money.

I can understand some challenge, but why company like Festool was so off in their estimate on the demand.?
Similar Festool sander is about $ 250.00  when they offer the sander at $ 50.00 they should know better that thousands of woodworkers will be buying this.

I am also thinking about canceling the order , I have other Festool items and pleased with their performance, but this incident put bad taste in my mouth.
"The special systainer can't be in the middle of a stack top only I guess I wasn't paying attention until now"

My Pro 5 is sitting in the middle of a stack and everything aligns and interlocks just fine.
Guessing the comment was the T-lock in the middle of two original non T-lock systainers. The T-lock does not have the locking tabs at the front ends. Original systainers did not have the front middle tabs for the T-lock to twist on too.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Again, I'm curious what businesses people are ordering from that have already been charged before shipping. I'd like to know so I can avoid them in the future.
-Marc

(11-10-2016, 05:07 PM)WaterlooMarc Wrote: Again, I'm curious what businesses people are ordering from that have already been charged before shipping. I'd like to know so I can avoid them in the future.

We (The Tool Nut) do not charge credit cards until the product ships.

For Paypal orders, like nearly all retailers, the funds are collected when the order is placed.

One exception is the Woodpeckers OneTIME Tools which have long lead times and are made-to-order, so we do charge for those at the end of the order period.

Shane