$99 Festool 5" Sander with free ship and $50 off your next Festool Tool
Got the call from my local dealer my 2 are waiting for me.

Of interest the first ones have hit eBay (not mine no realtionship) for $175.
(11-02-2016, 08:24 AM)Huxleywood Wrote: Of interest the first ones have hit eBay (not mine no realtionship) for $175.

...gee that's a great buy...lol.   No factory warranty and $75 dollars above retail for a "fine finish sander"(not general purpose) and no guarantee that the buyers will actually get their $50 rebate back, either, since you are buying from non-authorized dealer/seller. Festool is strict on purchasing from unauthorized dealers.
(11-02-2016, 08:58 AM)mt4ensics Wrote: ...gee that's a great buy...lol.   No factory warranty and $75 dollars above retail for a "fine finish sander"(not general purpose) and no guarantee that the buyers will actually get their $50 rebate back, either, since you are buying from non-authorized dealer/seller.  Festool is strict on purchasing from unauthorized dealers.

Actually that hasn't been my experience with "used" and or purchasing from "unauthorized" sellers, from what has been stated on the FOG from Festool employees the warranty is transferable. Like I stated I have actually gotten warranty service on a used tool I purchased.

FOG post:
1.  the warranty transfers with the tool
2.  if you buy a used tool you can register it with Festool
3.  with the serial number on the tool Festool can USUALLY determine the sales date, but having a receipt is even better just in case.

All that being said, I agree with the point of your post, in that buying from Ebay for $175 doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
2023-2024 NFL Pick 'em
Group ID#: 34296
Group Password IBTP
Prices in eBay oftentimes don't make a lot of sense. They seem to have calmed down few the past few years but there was a time when almost anything Lie Nielsen went over new.
-Marc

(11-02-2016, 08:58 AM)mt4ensics Wrote: ...gee that's a great buy...lol.   No factory warranty and $75 dollars above retail for a "fine finish sander"(not general purpose) and no guarantee that the buyers will actually get their $50 rebate back, either, since you are buying from non-authorized dealer/seller.  Festool is strict on purchasing from unauthorized dealers.

As mentioned it will come with the full 3 year warranty, even used the warranty transfers with the tool.  The ad says it includes the voucher.  If you don't get what you expect you can return it.  That said unless I really needed the tool I would not by it on some strange personal principle but compared to going in and buying the non-updated version for $195 or buying this for $175 it is still a bargain even if you don't use the voucher.  Especially given the shortages flipping is probably going to work out well for some.  I will say for me it wouldn't be worth the effort, if you sell them for $175 on eBay you would net about $150 BEFORE you shipped it, which I would expect would get you down to about $135 at best.  Just not a lot of profit in it unless you just do this sort of stuff as a job, like many slickdeals people do.
(11-02-2016, 09:41 AM)Huxleywood Wrote: As mentioned it will come with the full 3 year warranty, even used the warranty transfers with the tool.  The ad says it includes the voucher.  If you don't get what you expect you can return it.  That said unless I really needed the tool I would not by it on some strange personal principle but compared to going in and buying the non-updated version for $195 or buying this for $175 it is still a bargain even if you don't use the voucher.  Especially given the shortages flipping is probably going to work out well for some.  I will say for me it wouldn't be worth the effort, if you sell them for $175 on eBay you would net about $150 BEFORE you shipped it, which I would expect would get you down to about $135 at best.  Just not a lot of profit in it unless you just do this sort of stuff as a job, like many slickdeals people do.

wow - I stand corrected as my local woodcraft/festool dealer gave me the wrong info about the warranty 2 years ago when they started the service all inclusive campaign.  Typically, you have to buy from authorized retailer to get a warranty from most brands to at least have brands support their dealer network.
(11-02-2016, 10:13 AM)mt4ensics Wrote: wow - I stand corrected as my local woodcraft/festool dealer gave me the wrong info about the warranty 2 years ago when they started the service all inclusive campaign.  Typically, you have to buy from authorized retailer to get a warranty from most brands to at least have brands support their dealer network.

The key with Festool besides arguably the best customer service in the business is there is almost no grey market so they don't have to fuss over the warranty as much as some companies.  They watch their dealer network like a hawk so it is VERY unusual for things to be sold new out of the authorized network so that part is a near non-issue.  The warranty support of used tools is one reason the resell is insanely high, you buy a 1 year old tool you have 2 years of warranty.
the seller is getting creative and has now raised the price from $175 to $195 and calling it "Pro 5 LTD" ETS 125 ETQ to match the price of a regular ETS 125...lol.
(11-02-2016, 10:25 AM)Huxleywood Wrote: The key with Festool besides arguably the best customer service in the business is there is almost no grey market so they don't have to fuss over the warranty as much as some companies.  They watch their dealer network like a hawk so it is VERY unusual for things to be sold new out of the authorized network so that part is a near non-issue.  The warranty support of used tools is one reason the resell is insanely high, you buy a 1 year old tool you have 2 years of warranty.

The thing with Festool is they seem to have an adversarial relationship with their consumers and dealers.  While the dealers do a great job it seems they have to have a stressful job toeing company line and keeping customers happy
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-02-2016, 11:35 AM)Bob10 Wrote: The thing with Festool is they seem to have an adversarial relationship with their consumers and dealers.  While the dealers do a great job it seems they have to have a stressful job toeing company line and keeping customers happy

Care to elaborate?  From my point of view Festool has one of the least advesarial relationships with their customers.