$99 Festool 5" Sander with free ship and $50 off your next Festool Tool
well when Microsoft had the Bing deal which only changed the bottom line of the consumer Festool had dealers stop selling there to avoid losing their contracts.  Yet the microsoft deal did not effect the income at Festool or the dealer for that matter.  We see site wide discounts at 10% from several vendors around this time of year yet Festool must be excluded not because the retailer is greedy but because Festool will pull their product.  I can say for me the Microsoft deal contributed to my first Festool purchase and I would have probably purchased more at the time if it had not been stopped.  So while I appreciate their products I do not like their way of doing business.  If and when there is an equal competitor I will more than likely take my business there
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

That's the way they do business Bob. They sell lots of tools.
Doubt they will change because of your opinion. If you don't like it, move on
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

Just checked another forum where a very reputable dealer confirmed Festool is only fulfilling future orders of sanders to dealers who submitted lists of customers still waiting on their sanders in which they pre-ordered but didn't get their's from the initial shipment from Festool.  Thus if you did not pre-order, you are out of luck.

Festool is not accepting any more orders for the Pro 5 - the word "limited edition" is an understatement.  I am not aware of any thing power tool wise that sold out with no plans to make more  before it was even available to the consumer, thus I am curious to here if anyone has witnessed something like this before.
(11-02-2016, 12:23 PM)Bob10 Wrote: well when Microsoft had the Bing deal which only changed the bottom line of the consumer Festool had dealers stop selling there to avoid losing their contracts.  Yet the microsoft deal did not effect the income at Festool or the dealer for that matter.  We see site wide discounts at 10% from several vendors around this time of year yet Festool must be excluded not because the retailer is greedy but because Festool will pull their product.  I can say for me the Microsoft deal contributed to my first Festool purchase and I would have probably purchased more at the time if it had not been stopped.  So while I appreciate their products I do not like their way of doing business.  If and when there is an equal competitor I will more than likely take my business there

The Bing rebates were just a way for a retailer to provide the product at a price below their dealer agreement with Festool.  Each retailer agrees to abide by the rules or get their dealership stripped.  The single price policy allows dealers to compete locally and compete on service.  Go into the average Dewalt dealership and ask for a friction strip for a tracksaw track or a dust extraction attachment for a 611 and see how often it is in stock.  Go to a Bosch dealer and ask if they have a place they will let you test out a MRC23 and/or get hands on info about how it is used.  Festool's policies help ensure one of the best dealer networks and warranties in the corded tool market in the US but there is a price to pay.  They are by far the most interactive with their customers.  They aren't perfect and some of their tools are ecliped by lower or higher priced tools but they have the best ecosystem in the US by far but one pays a premium for it.  IN the end I am not aware of a power tool company that is more proactive with their customers.
You are welcome to your opinion and I to mine.
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

(11-02-2016, 04:13 PM)Bob10 Wrote: You are welcome to your opinion and I to mine.

I thought that was implied.
CPO has them on eBay for $109.99 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Festool-PRO-5-LT...2242543158

Phil Thien

Just saw that  Bob. No idea if you get the $50 off but for $109.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

oh it is a deal

Phil Thien