$99 Festool 5" Sander with free ship and $50 off your next Festool Tool
[url]http://tinyurl.com/he7loua[/url]

Above is a link to one of the vendors.

Any interest it it from the WN crowd?

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I just saw that.  not as good a deal as the $59 I paid for my ETS 150 years ago, but $99 still seems like a good deal, half the price of the ETS 125.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

What do these normally sell for?  Price seems too low.
(10-04-2016, 02:50 PM)meackerman Wrote: I just saw that.  not as good a deal as the $59 I paid for my ETS 150 years ago, but $99 still seems like a good deal, half the price of the ETS 125.

Copy that. I still have, and use my 150.
Winkgrin
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

normally $200, right?  The only downside is the voucher, I would feel compelled to spend it.

Is that a reliable vendor? I need a new sander
looks like its available from lots (all?) Festool dealers.

I usually get Festool stuff from Bob Marino.  I didn't see this sander on his website, but he might not have it updated yet.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

Hey, guys. Shane here from the Tool Nut. Thanks for the post and the link. Glad to answer any questions.

For those who don't know me, I previously worked for Festool USA for about 8 years and have been involved with Festool for over a decade. I use the tools and own many of them. The Tool Nut is a family owned business and was established in 1994. We have a bunch of great people dedicated to giving our customers the best service.

Shane
what are the major differences between the PRO 5 LTD and the current ETS 125?  don't really care about the different color systainer.

Mark

copied from FOG

" I CAN answer this as the 5" inch sander is the last of Festool's line of sanders for me to finally buy into.  I held off buying any 5"/125mm sander from them since I had multiple 6"/150mm sanders already and all the other versions... Planex, RTS, DTS, DX93 etc.
 However, for trim work, refinishing doors and assorted Paint work, there were times I was missing  a pad size in between 150mm and 90mm since one was too big and the other too small.
 Now with my new version ETS/Pro 5 on order, I get an upgraded sander with more power over the older ETS 125, but the same fine 2mm orbit for Stain Grade work.
The new EC version 5" sander is 3mm, which is finer than 5mm but not a 2mm orbit for final sanding or sanding between coats.
The additional pad protector just adds value for the sander in usage around delicate edges you'd like to avoid slamming into while sanding, say something built-in that's already finished....."

"voucher is good until 12/31/17"
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

@meackerman, here's what's new...

What's improved with the new model over the previous model of this sander?

- More powerful 250W motor to improve material removal rates up to 25%
- Included pad protector for sanding up close to adjacent surfaces
- Bayonet-style locking dust port and optional reuseable dust bag
- Improved ergonomics with reduced vibration and soft grip
- The sanding performance and dust collection you expect from Festool