Blum Inset Door Hinges: can I get a clue?
I'm using the blum hinge below.  I've currently mounted it on some test pieces and what I'm finding is that the 'frame' and 'door' pieces don't sit in the same plane when the hinge is closed.

There is an angle adjustment screw, and when that is torqued all the way in the 'in plane' direction, the hinge is still a good 5 degrees out of plane, which will make the center of the door pair "in" about 1/2" behind the face frame.

This is an inset "centerless" pair of doors.  I had planned to use bullet catches to get the 'in plane' alignment exactly right and give a nice feel on shutting.  This Blum hinges, however, have easily enough force to over come the bullet catch and pull back in beyond plane.

I know I must be missing something about how to adjust or mount these things, but I'm not seeing anything online about this issue.  Can I get a clue?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

No Good Deed Goes Unpunished

They are not made for a centerless stile. You need a small stop on bottom and top.
Steve

Missouri

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

As far as I know, all Blum hinges need to close against some sort of stop, as said above.  In planning for those stops you need to consider the bumper thickness, too, so that the door is parallel with the front of the cabinet when closed.
Thanks.  Do you know of a similar type (hidden, adjustable) that can be used centerless?
MAKE: Void your warranty, violate a user agreement, fry a circuit, blow a fuse, poke an eye out...  www.makezine.com

the ones you have can be centerless you just need a very small stop at the top to use them 
Joe
Let us not seek the Republican Answer , or the Democratic answer. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future  John F. Kennedy 

I have not seen an inset hinge that does not need some sort of stop.  There are plastic and metal stops on the market but if you are dealing with wood perhaps running a small piece of wood all the way across the top, the thickness of your doors, back from the edge might be more clean and invisible.  Even a 1/4" x 3/8" strip the full width of your box would be enough.
Thanks Steve.  First I'm going to try the bullet stop. If that doesn't work, then the strip is the next thing.

If you are using self closing hinges I think you will find that you need a stop at both the top and bottom to keep them from twisting, unless they are very robust.  I built a little vanity a couple of months ago with Blum self closing hinges and was surprised to see how much the doors twisted when I tried to use a single stop at the top.  I ended up having to add another at the bottom. 

John
I am going to have to use top and bottom to force twist in any case.  In the effort to rid the doors of tear-out I got a little over enthusiastic with the ROS and so for the whole inset front to be in the same plane, twist will be necessary.