Help installing a band saw blade on a new Laguna
Hoping the folks here could help get me on the right track.   Its been a year now that I have been without a band saw and I could not take it anymore
Smile   I sold my old Jet to a friend before I a big move.  Woodcraft has a sale on Laguna's so I bought one last weekend.   Assembly was a snap and so far I really looks like a well made saw.    Last night I finally got arount to installing the blade.   It feels like the upper and lower wheels are not coplanar and messing around with the tracking knob did not keep the blade from coming off the upper or lower wheel.   Anybody have this problem ?  Any recommendations on how best to fix?   I was getting frustrated last night and I just decided to quit until I did some research.  I also plan to call tech support sometime today.  thanks!

Dennis
Dennis: I will assume you got the14/12 or 14 bx. Once you get the blade in place on the wheels, make small adjustments of the tracking
knob as you slowly turn upper wheel by hand. Keep track of direction the blade goes as you adust tracking know either CW or CCW. I found
that as I increased tension, I had to make small adjustments to the tracking. I don't think you want to go to full tension and then dial in the tracking: get
some tension on the blade and start the tracking adjustment process. Then increase tension, re-adjust tracking. I am no expert on BSs but this is
what I did and it worked. Few things will get your attention like a BS blade popping off the wheels at full tension (DAMHIKT)
Smile
As Phil said, the tracking adjustment takes only a small amount of change to cause a big change on the tracking.  You might also verify that the blade doesn't have a bad weld or twist in it.  It would probably have to be a major defect to cause the problem you are experiencing.  Do call Laguna support.  They are usually pretty helpful.  I set up my new 1412 last winter and had no problems with tracking at all.
A Laguna tech rep called me last night.  My bottom wheel was out of alignment with the upper wheel.  It was not in their instruction manual but in the back of the bottom wheel there are 4 bolts that can be used to ajust the wheel.  All fixed up now but I ended kinking my new blade in the setting up.  Oh well.
Deeno, what saw did you end up getting from Laguna ?  Now that you have the blade working...
Fall, I got the 14-12.
 Deeno congratulations on the new saw, I have a 18'' Laguna an love mine. 
I bought the 14/Twelve last year and watched a couple YouTube videos on it; reviews and set-up. They were awesome. One guy had a problem with the tires and he contacted Laguna. They sent him new ones. I think he said (memory loss) he finally went with the blue tires from Lee Valley. Anyway, I found a bit too much vibration when resawing wide boards. I contacted Laguna and they sent me two new tires. Going to install them soon and will update.
The Laguna is really great for resawing boards, that's the main reason I bought it.
Lloyd Kerry
Creator of the Kerry-All Pouch
The foolproof water-repellent pouch that’s built to withstand the elements.
Deeno, glad you got an answer and are up and running now.  I have a Laguna LT3000 18" and had a similar issue.  Took a while, but I finally figured it out.  You will also need to keep an eye on the belt tension for the belt connecting the motor and lower wheel.  With a new machine, it will stretch a bit and this can cause problems.  I check mine every few months or so.
True power makes no noise - Albert Schweitzer.       It's obvious he was referring to hand tools