Best Toilet Bowl Cleaner
What is the strongest toilet bowl cleaner available to consumers?
Specific target area is under the rim of the bowl.

Thanks!
Ray
Ray
dunno about strongest, but we've had good luck with Zep.

Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - Philip K. Dick

Mark

My wife.

Buh dum...tish!
Scrubbing Bubbles heavy duty pads:

http://www.menards.com/main/back-to-scho...8029687821

Used in conjunction with the Kaboom system:

http://www.menards.com/main/back-to-scho...4123306270

The Kaboom uses 1" chlorine tablets to keep the bowl "cleaner" (not "clean," but "cleaner") between cleaners.  The vapors do a good job keeping the rim cleaner and easier to scrub, too.

You can use poor tablets as refills for the Kaboom.  Cheaper than buying the Kaboom branded stuff by quite a bit.
I like Lysol for the bowl and use pumice stone for hard water lines.  The pumice stone is available in pool supply
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

What is the problem?  Are you just wanting to "Make sure it's clean" or are there stains to be removed?

We have hard water and I've found some muriatic acid down the fill tube (goes into the rim jets) gets rid of a lot of gunk.  Pour some in and let it sit for a while, then flush and repeat as necessary.

If there's gunk buildup or iron stains on the bowl at the rim do the above and then scrub the stains/buildup with muriatic acid, CLR, etc until they dissolve/break up.
"Truth is a highway leading to freedom"  --Kris Kristofferson

Wild Turkey
We may see the writing on the wall, but all we do is criticize the handwriting.
(joined 10/1999)
while muriatic acid gets it done you need to make darn sure you have the space ventilated
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

If you live west of the Rockies, Smart & Final stores (called Cash & Carry in some locations) sell Simply Value Liquid Bowl Cleaner in gallon jugs. It contains hydrochloric and oxalic acids, and has always worked well for me. You can also check a janitorial supply store to see what they recommend.
Does public sewage vs home septic play a part in the equation?  I have a septic system and would be leery of too many strong chemicals going into the tank.  Public sewage....not so much.
If you are going down a river at 2 mph and your canoe loses a wheel, how much pancake mix would you need to shingle your roof?

I worked in a night club back in the early 1970s.  They were not big on toilet cleaning but their toilets were always clean.  At closing time they would pour about 8 ounces of chlorine bleach in each toilet and by morning it would be spotless.  

You would not want to drop anything into the bowl while in splashing distance, so do this overnight and flush in the morning before sitting down.

I suppose this might be an issue for septic systems (though many use chlorine bleach in their laundry), but I think it is generally OK especially if you are only using it once a week.  

Labor free and cheap.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.