Carbide woodturning tools please see new thread
Thanks! I'll probably wait till after the holidays since I still have to fix up the lathe to get it running.
Benny

Gas pipe

https://books.google.com/books?id=YxYBtR...PA23-IA3#v

[Image: ja3FAR0l.jpg]
That's a great idea... I can ask the machine shop guys at work if they have some aluminum tube laying around too. Either way, I'll figure something out to get be started before making some wooden handles. After the holidays, I hope to get the lathe running, then I'll worry about tools.
Benny

I see that you offer both the round and square bars. I don't know which would be better for me. Which one is the more popular choice?  Is one easier to use over the other?
(11-22-2016, 11:53 AM)Birdseye Bill Wrote: I see that you offer both the round and square bars. I don't know which would be better for me. Which one is the more popular choice?  Is one easier to use over the other?

The square bars are the ones I sell the most of.
The square bars helps you keep the cutting insert flat to the turning,.
With the round bars you are able to change the angle of the cutter to the turning.
(11-19-2016, 10:16 PM)bennybmn Wrote: Do you or anyone have an idea of where to get handles, even just some sort of temporary ones? I'm just getting into turning, these seem like great deals and I like to support woodnetters if I can. But ironically I have no tools to turn handles with ?

Benny

I am making my own out of 2x2x14 spindle stock I have.  While it is one the lathe I drill it to the size and debth works great.

If you send me the wood and I have the same size I will make them for you for a Christmas present
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

It is always the right time, to do the right thing.
(11-22-2016, 11:53 AM)Birdseye Bill Wrote: I see that you offer both the round and square bars. I don't know which would be better for me. Which one is the more popular choice?  Is one easier to use over the other?

Bill

I like the square for the guys since it keeps the tool stable on the tool rest but you also have to remember to keep the space between the rest and the wood minimal say less then 2" if you have a long handle.

For me I like a round one for hollowing since I can turn the tool for the best cut.
As of this time I am not teaching vets to turn. Also please do not send any items to me without prior notification.  Thank You Everyone.

Arlin, thanks so much for the offer! I don't even have wood selected yet... When I finally get around to it, I'll let you know if I need a hand. Thank you again for the kind offer.

Ben
Benny

You are welcome and I love to help everyone if I can

Will be making more this weekend.