Dust Collector Plastic Collection Bag?
I'm real cheap I made a Thein separator and only have to empty the bag once a year and it only has about 2 gallons of stuff in it.  It is hooked up to a 4x8 cnc I have a 30 gallon fiber trash can that the Thein sits on
(10-06-2016, 07:40 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Maybe I'm cheap.  I empty my big Jet bag into two regular trash bags and put the Jet bag back on. Trash bags are cheap! Been doing that for a long time

Yes  
Yes  
Yes  
Yes  
Yes

Fixt for how long that has worked for me.

I find if the original bags get cut, its where the band clamps, not where it hangs over the sharp edge, as I thought it might. Cutting old cardboard boxes into long thin strips offers a nice thin buffer that keeps the clamp from marring the bag, and is also thin enough not to adversely affect the clamping. But I still foam tape over the top of the top edge that suspends the bag, maybe doesn't do anything, but it keeps me warm and fuzzy. Without tape that edge feels sharp enough to cut. My Woodworking is hit or miss, but when I'm in the shop, it's often hard use for a few months at a time, so a lot of bag emptying when I'm using the tools.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
(10-06-2016, 07:40 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Maybe I'm cheap.  I empty my big Jet bag into two regular trash bags and put the Jet bag back on.  Been doing that maybe every other month for probably ten years, still have the three bags that came with the unit.  Trash bags are cheap!

I turned mine into a cyclone, so the only thing that gets into the bag anymore is fine dust from cleaning the filter or when the can fills up and it sucks chips in. 

With that said, I am always bumping into the bag when the unit is running causing holes. But yea, there is no reason other than damaging them to toss them in the trash. 
Yes

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)