Morso Guillotine cutter
Hi anyone have one of these?  I picked one up that is missing the 2 fence pieces.  I am looking for a set but also considering making some out of some angle iron.  Was hoping to find some measurements [Image: Morso_UFE2332_large.jpg]
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

OMG!!!!  Fingers beware!!!
Actually this is a very safe machine.  I've used it.  It is primarily a picture framing miter machine.  

It is very good for a mall location as it makes no noise to speak of and almost no saw dust.

It "nibbles" at the piece, taking as many as 6 bites to make a complete miter.

With sharp blades nothing will beat it for accuracy or smooth cuts.  

If you send your original Morso blades out for sharpening, engrave your name on the blades and insist that you get your own back.  Some of the bigger sharpening services simply take your blades into inventory and send off a replacement that has been sharpened.  The replacement blades, usually from China, do not match the quality of the Morso blades.

This is an exceptional piece of equipment.  The cuts are so smooth that I recommend Corner Weld glue for the miters.  I got stronger bonds with it.  There is not much opportunity for the glue to enter the pores of the wood as the cut is glass-smooth.

These are pretty expensive.  I wanted to get one, but then I found a sliding table miter saw (also picture framing equipment) for a very low price and I bought that instead.

This was before I opened my framing business.  I wrote a note to all the picture framing shops in the 60 mile radius of my house asking if they had any of the equipment I required.  I was able to get at very low prices a Fletcher glass cutter (60" wall mount), a Seal dry mounting press and the above mentioned saw. 

What are you going to use this for?
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
well to be honest I don't know.  I was looking over CL and saw a glass cutter 48" and I have a 42" x 9.5' mirror coming out of a remodel I wanted to cut down as I can use it and don't see another way to get it from the second floor without cutting it down.  So the glass cutter was part of the package, the guy was moving wanted both gone asked $200 I went down to buy the glass cutter for $50 took both for $150.  I have an extra set of blades too
Phydeaux said "Loving your enemy and doing good for those that hurt you does not preclude killing them if they make that necessary."

Phil Thien

women have trouble understanding Trump's MAGA theme because they had so little involvement in making America great the first time around.

A Fletcher glass cutter, 48" is about $1,200.00 new.

A Morso cutter was over $2,000.00 back in 1990 when I checked.

I just looked, and a 1977 beater was going for $600.00.

If the Morso is still tight in the gibbs and ways and you have a sharp set of blades this is the ultimate in accuracy in miter work.  You have to remember that picture framers use pre-finished moldings.  So you don't get to fix tiny imperfections by painting over the miters.  The miters have to be perfect right from the start.  

My sliding table miter saw is just as accurate (there is only one setting, 45 degrees and you cut on both sides of the blade so the miters are always perfect.  But it is a sawed cut.  The blade on the saw was $180.00, and has a high tooth count (I don't remember what it is) but it is made to a higher quality level than  woodworking saws.  

Hang onto the Morso if you have room.  It is a great miter machine.  

Keep your eyes out for a used Thumbnailer or Cornerlock machine.  It is a router that mills the mitered ends to accept a small plastic piece that holds the miter in position while the glue dries.  It is easily the most affordable way to be in the framing business.  

http://www.skylinepictures.com/Frame_Mou...5_full.htm

An underpinner, if you can find one cheap enough that actually works is faster and would be your first choice.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
the guy told me he had one that sold the day before on the under pinner.  I have called him today he is looking to see if he has the fences.  The more I think about it I think I could use a block of aluminum to make the fence

Phil Thien

Looks like you may need to also supply the model that you have.

Model F

NFXL

Generic tips and tricks

Looks like many to choose from

The good news is for most of the models, I was also able to get better info adding "owners manual" to Morso Guillotine cutter, and XXXXX whatever model I was looking at.

I agree on safety, maybe not exactly safety guarded, but you have to be the Doofus to actuate the thing with your fangers in the cut slot
Yes  
Yes  
Yes   Sorta like saying a RAS is unsafe if you lay your hand on the cut line..........and then pull the saw to you
Eek  
Eek
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I have to unload it and give it a look I am pretty certain it is the F as it is foot actuated about 8' wide I would guess

Phil Thien

https://youtu.be/MTBaHZENUmc

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/MTBaHZENUmc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
They had one of those in the frame shop on base here that I used to use.  Been doing quite a bit of framing at home lately and was looking for that exact thing but didn't have the name right in my search.  I ended up getting the Grizzly miter trimmer (which works as advertised)... but as I recall, that guillotine cutter was the bomb diggity.  
Yes