Just a reminder (PSA)
With the holidays coming, the Woodnet auction, and the normal sales going on here I suggest if you haven't already to look into the USPS regional flat rate shipping options. They've made to some changes to the deal that make it less useful, but it's still about as good a shipping option as any. To use it, you have to order your boxes from the USPS web site, they deliver them to your door. You also have to have an account with them, and print your postage on line. There's absolutely no help on this from the local PO, so don't go there asking for them.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Good suggestion. Are these boxes different sizes from the regular flat rate? And what constitutes a "region"? They only work to certain areas?
Yes, they are slightly different sizes than the regular flat rate box. I can only guess what a region is, from my place I've sent packages as far as1000 miles and they still went regional flat rate, so I guess a region is a certain distance from the mailing point, as opposed to a section of the country.  The rates are very good, though they have went up substantially recently. They also did away with the very largest box...just as well, using it was often more expensive than other options. The box sizes are listed on USPS.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Just a point of clarification, you do not have to print out the postage. I always drop mine off at the local post office. I believe they do charge a higher rate for that, though. If you do print out the postage, they will come and pick it up. My post office is so close that its easier/quicker for me to drop the package off.
Currently a smarta$$ but hoping to one day graduate to wisea$$
If someone pays you via PayPal, you can get a discount on shipping if you buy the postage online. I do that and drop off the package at the P.O. You don't have to stand in line. It's very easy and convenient.
(10-07-2016, 01:02 PM)DaveParkis Wrote: Just a point of clarification, you do not have to print out the postage. I always drop mine off at the local post office. I believe they do charge a higher rate for that, though.

I was not aware of that, interesting. I might not have had it correct, or that could be a change they made (I guess). Seems like something made me think you had to do it yourself (which is actually fairly easy).