More Planes
All of the  planes have been precision ground and flat within .0015. Actually it is flatter. The sides were ground square to the bottom. Kind of makes then maybe a good choice for a shooting board, although a couple of these are shorter.

The blades have also been ground so there is no pitting or anything to contend with when sharpening. One doesn't have a lot of flat lapping on the top of the blade.

All are plus shipping.

First up is a Keen Kutter K 41/2 C. The Keen Kutter K series planes were made by Stanley and they changed only the casting numbers when Stanley discontinued the Bed Rock round side and went with the flat side. 
The Japanning is in great shape and at least 97% or better. The knob and tote are rosewood with only normal wear and tear. The tote does have some initials  stamped in it. Personally I think that the Keen Kutter K series planes are the best bang for the buck.Are of the same quality as the bedrock round sides but far less in cost. This one is hard to come by, asking $175. This one has been sharpened and ready to put to work.

[Image: DSC02860_zpsivevneli.jpg]

[Image: DSC02862_zps9w1vazr9.jpg]

[Image: DSC02863_zpsvyp9jmdh.jpg]

[Image: DSC02864_zps48ip9kr1.jpg]

[Image: DSC02865_zpsvxdhqezr.jpg]

[Image: DSC02867_zps7yku6nvo.jpg]

I will have to continue latter. 

Thanks for looking

Tom

Nest up is a Bailey #4 smoother. The japanning is at least 98% and there is only normal wear and tear on the Knob and tote. This is a very nice a moother for the $75 asking price. 

But pictures say it all.

[Image: DSC02875_zpslfezmzow.jpg]

[Image: DSC02876_zpsfae8fgdq.jpg]

[Image: DSC02877_zpsdpgxqbbq.jpg]

[Image: DSC02878_zps6abwjsll.jpg]

And the last picture shows it making shavings with a sharp blade which is $10 extra.

And lastly is a big dog. I have a Bailey #8 C for sale fore $175. The japanning is At least 99% and in new condition. The knob and tote are in all but new condition except for a couple of dings. The casting is heavy. The sides are over 5 /32 of an inch thick. The chrome on the lever cap is awesome. 

[Image: DSC02890_zpsbdkdglks.jpg]

[Image: DSC02891_zpsgcp4nxfg.jpg]

What appears to be spots are just how the camera shows reflection.

[Image: DSC02892_zpszvmlnq8s.jpg]

I was sure I took a picture of the other side but it isn't here.

[Image: DSC02895_zpsga4lsrom.jpg]

[Image: DSC02896_zpsb2jgb6qi.jpg]

On a personal note, lets call it vanity, You won't be able to buy a #8 that is flatter at any where near this ones cost.

Thanks for looking.

Tom
A friendly bump.

Tom
I had the pleasure of meeting Tom a few weeks back at his store front in Nashua. We had a great visit and I picked up a #5 Stanley that had been treated to his special grinding service. After using the plane for a bit, I highly recommend Tom's planes to anyone looking for a user that will work very well indeed!
friendly bump

Tom