PSA: Delta 46-460 Midi lathe $373
Amazon currently has the delta 46-460 lathe for 373.81  It is also eligible for prime shipping.  Their price can fluctuate.  Link

Larry
Larry
Wow, that's a great price.  If I didn't already own that same lathe, I'd pick one up.
$365 now.
"When I nod my head, hit it." - M. Howard.

"I think you should learn how to use hand tools before you even touch a power tool." - Sam Maloof
Hmmm, I thought about snagging one, but Delta as a manufacturer, and it's attitude about parts support, tell me never to buy another product from them.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
The quality points raised beg the question , if this is not the lathe you buy or recommend then which MIDI lathe would you buy and why?
$365 would go a long way on the used market and you'd get an American made machine that you could actually work on/repair if there were any issues. New and shiny, though...

Rick
Well, Jet, Rikon or Nova. I'm just not confident about Delta's commitment to customer service and parts.  They seem to me to have adopted a "throw away" attitide with the parts situation. Life is too short.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
$358.05 now.. how low will it go.

Side note.  Hartville has the Easy Wood Tools on sale.  This is my first lathe and have no experience at all.  Would the Mid sized Rougher and Finisher be a good start or should I get the detailer too?  

Planning on trying small bowls, mills, pens.  

Will probably do a Nova G3 as well.
$356.82 now...

I've also written off Delta. Used to have almost all Delta equipment and now I've sold or given it all away. All I'm
left with now is my mortiser and drill press.
-Marc

As long as it makes it to your door without problems, I don't see how you go wrong. Maybe you change bearings way down the road but you don't need Delta for that. There are ways around switch issues, otherwise it's a lathe, not alot to them.