Which Freud Dado
I didn't but that was because (I guess) I wasn't paying attention to the feed rate, other than I always feed dado cuts slowly.
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
Thanks for all the replies. Very helpful.
I bought and like the Dewalt set.
Features I like:
1. nice quality cuts
2. Great storage case. Keeps cutting teeth separated 
3. Need a certain size dado? Look at chart, and pick blades and chippers. Perfect sized dado.
I long for the days when Coke was a soft drink, and Black and Decker was a quality tool.
Happiness is a snipe free planer
Pirate,
Thanks. That is the other one I'm considering. Others have also said that they like it. I appreciate knowing your reasons.
(10-12-2016, 10:13 AM)Willyou Wrote: Do you notice any difference in feed rate between the 12 tooth and 24 tooth models?

Gonna guess here, as actual facts weren't given. I'll say a complaint about a blade set with more teeth being harder to feed is going to be an 8" versus a 6" blade, and a Contractor saw versus a Cab saw with a heavier, more HP motor. IOW the guy with a Cab saw won't have any problem pushing either a 6" or 8" blade, and tooth count won't matter either. However if he has a Contractor saw the complaint will go away with the lower number of teeth, and a 6" diameter max. Having used a bunch of different saws, and a bigger bunch of different blades this is what I have found to be true. I have also found if you spend a hundred dollars or more, as long as you buy a blade that matches the saw's power source you will end up with perfectly functional dado's. Now they might not be the prettiest, but they will be functional.
Big Grin

I looked at this after I posted,and think it needs a better explanation about "pretty dado's" You can use a cheap, and junky blade and get fairly crisp edges if you simply run a length of painters tape over the area to be cut. If you have a great blade, you will find this isn't necessary. For me the thing that makes a pretty Dado is the flat cut bottom, so when viewed from the side you don't see that C shape in the bottom of the dado, that you get with a cheap blade. Hope that gives a better visual.
Worst thing they can do is cook ya and eat ya

GW
I ended up with a barely used 24 tooth 8" CMT set (made in Italy). No shims but I can make some or buy a set if needed. Made a couple of test cuts and was very pleased with the results. Very smooth flat bottom and smooth sides with no chip-outs. Several overlapping cuts result in a smooth bottom with no steps or extraneous grooving. Only minuscule "V" grooves left by outside bevel tips. For 40 bucks I'm happy!

I appreciate all the advice.