Shop carts,
What do you have?

My parents built a new pole barn....need something quick & cheap to set tools, supplies and my beer on while I work on finishing the inside.

Was thinking 2' x 4' in size.

Ed
Harbor Freight has nice metal ones, cheap. 

I got one about that size, that I use essentially as a movable table to set stuff on when working at a machine. 

This one

Once Favre hangs it up though, it years of cellar dwelling for the Pack. (Geoff 12-18-07)  

Looked at that, to small for the ammount of "stuff" I want to put on it.

Ed
Maybe find you an old table of some sort and put castors on it.
Or a used mechanical lower tool box
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

If you have any industrial salvage places nearby they may have some heavy duty carts, possibly with steel wheels. Years ago I got one and mounted a 16 inch planer on it. I bought it dirt cheap, it was previously used for moving units of veneer around a plywood mill.
What is cheap? The 44" HF toolbox is good buy and might be a workable size. Add a plywood top and get to work. When you have a more perm bench add a top box and have a decent toolbox for the money.

$349 with coupon.

[Image: 9_ITEM_44___13_DRAWER_INDUSTRIAL_QUALITY....8696.jpeg]

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Right now, cheap is $50......I already have some nice casters, only expense will be lumber.

Ed
Then go find a table, brace the legs up, add a lower shelf and put those castors on it.
Steve

Mo.

I miss the days of using my dinghy with a girlfriend too. Zack Butler-4/18/24

The Revos apparently are designed to clamp railroad ties and pull together horrifically prepared joints
WaterlooMark 02/9/2020

I use one like this.
LINKY

It holds a ton of stuff.
Go buy a sheet of 3/4" plywood and build one of these: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWXG3ntz6iM

Lower the bottom shelf all the way down, add a couple "feet" on the bottom corners and mount your casters. That's what I'm doing to add several rolling carts to my shop.