my son asked,"can ya build me a dresser?"
[img=720x720][Image: dresser%203_zpszeytjkli.jpg][/img][img=720x720][Image: dresser%201_zpspwwa2gis.jpg][/img]"sure! any certain style>"
"I just want it to hold clothes and last."
oooookkkkkaay!

[img=720x720][Image: dresser%202_zpsi1cttawo.jpg][/img]

I got the text a little messed up there!
now he wants a corner computer desk.
Big Grin
Wow!  That is awesome!  Those drawer fronts represent a huge amount of work.  Glad no one in my family will see this.
"I tried being reasonable..........I didn't like it." Clint Eastwood
That is really cool !
I tried not believing.  That did not work, so now I just believe
I like it, that is really different!
Nicely done! (and very creative)
I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.
(10-10-2016, 06:16 PM)Bill Holt Wrote: Wow!  That is awesome!  Those drawer fronts represent a huge amount of work.  Glad no one in my family will see this.
thanks! I didn't build the dresser carcass. found a donor for that, which was a pretty funny experience:
I surfed resale shops and CL lookin for something well built and affordable. unfortunately, those to don't seem to go together in the used department. then I was putting away my laundry and thought,"huh. this is my dads dresser. prolly 60 years old. all dovetail jointery. solid wood drawer sides and front. sides and top are dam nice plywood made back when plywood was real plywood. ive  had it for 15 years and havent had to reglue anything.I think I can use one of them cheap dressers for me and use this. my son will like having both a dresser and one that was grandpa's,too."
yeah, getting all the pieces cut didn't take long at all. glueing and nailing? about 30 hours. all the time saying to myself,"i must be nuts!"
Quoting Cheech and Chong, "That's heavy man".
That's cool.
John

Always use the right tool for the job.

We need to clean house.