Stanley 77 market bottoms out.
Wink 
Serious gizmosity, and priced accordingly.  All those 77s sitting on benches will become worthless, and, 75 years from now, the auction site of the future will be full of untouched versions of this new dowel press.

(And I really really want one.) 

Tony
They pirated the old school Apple peeler!
Wink
2 things. Can it make "endless dowels and could you run it with a power drill?
ken
(10-11-2016, 08:14 AM)kenl Wrote: 2 things. Can it make "endless dowels . . . . . . .?

My thought exactly.  It is quite limited in this sense, and clearly inferior to the Stanley 77.  For short dowels, as the WP seems to produce (length limited by the middle support post), a dowel plate, while not as convenient, does the same job.  Why WP doesn't just re-engineer in modern materials a #77 is beyond me, or better yet, produce new dies for the #77.
Credo Elvem ipsum etiam vivere
Non impediti ratione cogitationis
What Admiral said.  A dowel plate is a blast to use as well.  I love my LN plate.

(10-11-2016, 07:25 AM)thedanielmatt Wrote: They pirated the old school Apple peeler!
Wink

Not quite: the old school apple peeler spins the apple.  It seems like what they did was to make a dowel plate more complicated.

But, hey, if Tony's right, that's OK with me; I've had a mild jones for a Stanley No. 77 dowelmaker for years now, and, if they get affordable....
Neat video. Random comments

#1--The designer makes a bold statement, "I knew I needed something to stabilize it, so I came up with these two rods." Unfortunately for him, he was not the originator of that design. The acme screw with dual flanking guide rods was developed over 100 years ago and is used on countless models of woodworking vises.

#2--Screw presses have limits because of stress wear on threads. I wonder how long the delrin (!!!) nut will last.

#3--The dowels look nice but not large enough for a Harry Potter wand. The grandchildren will not be impressed.

Of course, having a shelf full of #77s, I am biased. I think every woodworker should have one. The gizmosity factor is off the charts.
===---===---===---===---===---===---===---===---
Please visit my website
splintermaking.com
I knew it, I just knew it.  Jim's about got the 77 market cornered.  Every time you turn around, he's got another one up for sale or in the final stages of rehab.  With that supply, he should be able to stabilize the market and keep demand up.  Smart fella.  
Laugh
Laugh
Wink
Wink
Tony
I like the concept but wouldn't an arbor press type design be much faster? Less work, less heat, less parts and less wear and no plastic? I'm surprised it hasn't been done before. Maybe it has.
Neil Summers Home Inspections

" What would Fred do?"

... CLETUS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5QVkyOTZZY

Izzy Swan