formica on bull nose
I've glued formica on flat surfaces before but never on a rounded one. Anything to watch for, etc.?
Breaking.  Formica does not bend well unless the radius is huge..  My guess is your won't be able to do it.  I am not sure how the preformed counter tops are made but I am guessing with heat. You will also need a stronger glue than contact cement to hold it.
"There is no such thing as stupid questions, just stupid people"
I would not do this myself.  I think bull-nose plastic laminate has to be heat formed to bend to such a tight radius.  You might be able to buy a preformed plastic laminate edge in a bull-nose profile but you will have seams.
WoodNET... the new safespace
Maybe this would work for you.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h_v9yIBEGuk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Alaskan's for Global Warming
Eagle River AK
I agree with Spinter Puller, both times  
Smile

Or go to a commercial fabricator, they have the equipment to do the integrated backsplash and edge treatments. I haven't gotten prices from fabricators for Formica countertops in 20 years, but it used to be fairly inexpensive.
Home Depot sells decorative edge counter tops.  

Formica sells "Ideal edge" bull nose:  http://www.formica.com/en/us/products/idealedge-real

It is a bull nose with the formica already applied.  There might be minimums for this service; I have never used it.  It looks pretty simple though.

Watch the video first.
No animals were injured or killed in the production of this post.
Formica is made with a thermoset resin.  Once it's cured under heat and pressure heat won't soften it again.  I think those pre-molded back splashes are made with product before it has been heat seat, what's called A stage product.  Unless you can get that at a custom fab. shop I don't think you will be successful.  

John
All of the above is very true and useful info. We do the custom edge tops at work, not the entire counter top. The bullnose edges are a pain in the butt to do, mainly trying to get the top edges lined up. If you can get them lined up perfectly flush, the top looks much better. It's harder than you think. If you want to do it yourself, which I highly recommend based on the cost of having someone else do it for you, please remember to use a waterproof glue to adhere the edging. Use masking tape to hold the edging in place until the glue dries. Let the squeeze out dry then pick it off. Take a laminate file and break the sharp edge. When done, it looks awesome. Oh, 1 more thing, avoid 90 degree outside corners if possible, clip the corner at 45 degrees, it is much easier when you hit your hip on the counter walking by, we learned from years of experience.
I no longer build museums but don't want to change my name. My new job is a lot less stressful. Life is much better.

Garry
Thanks everyone. I'll have to go with the traditional method or possibly just put a decorative wooden bull nose. I failed to mention that this a desk top on a loft bed for my GS. I appreciate everyone from saving me from a frustrating event.
Jim
Hi,

In case anyone's interested - http://www.betterleytools.com/page_16.htm. It's usually called postforming.  Betterly's been selling all sorts of tools specifically for laminate for about 30 years, I guess.