Plug-in Air Compressor
My car has a 120v outlet. I would expect that there are low current draw 120v air compressors available.

But you don't want an air compressor, you want an inflator.
Economics is much harder when you use real money.
(10-12-2016, 09:23 AM)GHR Wrote: But you don't want an air compressor, you want an inflator.

I think this is a very important distinction.  There's no reason to pump air up to 100+ psi, then blow it down to 30+ psi.  Especially if you can get a higher-output pump that works at a lower pressure.  Like this one.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036E...=155346011
  (I know nothing about it, other than it's 60 psi max, and a higher cfm rating than other, higher-pressure rated inflator/compressors.)
Tom

“This place smells like that odd combination of flop sweat, hopelessness, aaaand feet"
Well, a true 1 hp electric motor, even with a 100% efficient inverter, would require about 60 amps at 12 v to run. You aren't gona run one off an inverter you get at Best Buy. An inverter with enough capacity to run a 1 hp electric motor isn't going ot be cheap, and it's going to have big fat cables that will have to be connected directly to the battery or similar. ie: It won't just plug into a cigarette lighter socket.

On the other hand, most "horsepower" ratings on compressors are complete lies.

Has he considered a tire pump? If you get a decent quality one with a larger diameter barrel it really doesn't take that long to pump up a tire.